5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for busy mums...
I finished university a year ago and WISH I had had this book to help me through those years of trying to avoid eating chicken kievs every night! The Busy Mum's Cookbook belongs on everyone's shelf... not only are the recipes easy and cost efficient but they are also utterly delicious. The chapter on meals that magic into packed lunches has reformed my working week -...
Published on 17 Aug 2011 by Lucy C

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Bought after reading the rave reviews and as a very busy working mum I'm all for making life easier. I also want to prepare healthy meals for my family.The recipes I've tried so far have been quite time consuming to prepare and cook, definitely not something I would attempt when time pressured to get dinner on the table before my little boy's patience runs out!! More...
Published 22 months ago by Rose123

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for parents who love food, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
A brilliant cookery book for mums who want to cook no-nonsense recipes for the family, but who still really care about food. The recipes have nice short ingredient lists and straightforward methods, but make no mistake, they are definitely 'proper' food: roast belly pork with caramelised sweet potatoes, anyone? The other thing I love about the book is that there are tons of recipes that use only economical, seasonal ingredients, including autumn and winter dishes (blackberry and apple cake, sausage casserole etc) - so many cookery books for kids are stuffed full of exported fruit and veg. I will be using this book a lot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Also a Dad's bible, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
As the designated weekday chef for my family of two kids and self and (working) wife, I rate this book. The recipes are simple and have been very well received by my kids (and wife). As important, they're pretty simple to put together and with a little ingredient planning, I can work the prep into my home-working day without much impact and end up with really nice food. I wasn't a complete newcomer to cooking but I'm working my way through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
Brilliant recipes!! It's not often I want to try so many recipes from one book!!
Easy to follow and big hit with my family :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this book on a recommendation and it certainly hasn't disappointed. In fact I would go as far as to say this is my favourite cook book - and from a woman with a cook book obsession, that's saying something! Every recipe is easy, totally doable and the outcome is delicious. From her amazing brownies (best ever) to her chickpea bake (gorgeous and smoky) I can't fault this book. I wish I was on commission - I recommend it to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook EVER - and not just for busy mums!, 15 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is by far the best cookbook I own. All of the recipes are quick, easy and taste fantastic! And are very family friendly, but would also appeal to those who aren't busy, or a mum! I also love the fact that there are very clear serving suggestions, as well as 'lifesaver' tips and variations. There is a wide range of meals from all sorts of different cuisines, as well as some good old traditional, warm and hearty British dishes. At the moment the only problem deciding which is our favourite - baked chickpea and butternut squash rice, singapore noodles or roasted pepper, aubergine and chorizo pasta bake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 22 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
Very useful book for busy people - not just Mums!Very clear instruction and not at all fussy. Good instruction on recipes and very clear. Layout good too

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only use one cookery book this should be it!, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is the cookery book I've been waiting for. It's full of really easy to understand and easy to make, delicious recipes that everyone will enjoy. It's really practical and down to earth - you can tell it's been written for real people with real lives. And every page makes you think yummmm!! If you only use one cookery book this should be the one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for 'new' cooks, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is, as my title says, a great book for 'new' or inexperienced cooks. If you already cook and bake quite a bit and have a repertoire then the chances are you won't find so many new ideas here. I liked the recipes and it's nicely written with lots of photos of the finished products so I'd definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cook book- and I usually hate cooking!, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
I've always wanted to cook my own meals and eat well, but the reality is that you come back from work tired and the easiest thing to do is have a ready meal. Someone suggested I give this book a try and I can't believe how much it has helped. I now cook most nights of the week and eat really delicious meals. The recipes are easy to follow, affordable and quick...and I feel a million times better for it! Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What it Says - A Busy Mum's Cookbook, 3 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Busy Mum's Cookbook (Hardcover)
Or busy dad's, for that matter. Practical, no-nonsense recipes, laid out nicely in an easy to read and follow manner. Recipes for meals for children, teenagers, meals for one or two, baking...it's all here. Best of all, the ingredients used in the recipes are readily available and usually already in the cupboard, so no need to go traipsing off to specialty food stores for mid-week meals. Also included with the recipes are 'busy mum's lifesaver' tips such as shortcuts if you don't have an ingredient in stock, or just that it's OK to use frozen fish fillets, cubed beef stock, and off-the-shelf chutneys if you need to! A down to earth cook book in which every family will find many things they like.

The Busy Mum's Cookbook
The Busy Mum's Cookbook by Mary Gwynn (Hardcover - 18 Aug 2011)