5.0 out of 5 stars It's very good!
Published on 30 Mar 2011 by L Maras

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I thought this book would be different from the usual diet books but it is not.
It may look attrative and colourful but its just the same old stuff, telling you what to eat and what not to eat.
I brought the Paul Mckenna, Hypnotic Gastric Brand at the same time, this is the book for me.
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars It's very good!, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
This book is divided into 9 chapters - 1. think yourself slim, 2. learn to adore yourself slim, 3. set your slimming goals, 4. eat yourself slim, 5. exercise yourself slim, 6. get yourself over a plateau, 7. dress yourself slim, 8. celebrate your slim self and 9. write yourself slim. My favourite chapters are 2, 3 and 7. In Chapter 2, for example, there is a body map that helped me to appreciate the many positive things about my body. In chapter 3, what I liked most is that we have to think about the reasons why we want to be slim, which I was a bit clueless about the real reasons, but then Lisa wrote her own reasons and I thought that most of them were my reasons also. So, great help there. I love also the spaces for your own notes such as measurements and reward schedule. Great! About the CDs, I am not sure. Although I love her voice, I felt that I still need to listen to PM, maybe because the technique he uses to get you to relax works better for me. The track about slim, I though was too short. I think it was because when I started to relax deeply, it was time to "wake up". For this reason I heard it just once. On the other hand, I also loved "The Ten Slimming Commandments" and just by reading commandments 6 and 8, I finally think that I got a grip of myself. It was a huge change because before, when dieting I always had that fear that I was going to fail and invariably I failed. Now, if the thought crosses my mind I read the commandments and some other interesting bits that I highlighted and it works. The truth is, the whole book is a gem and I believe there's something for everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUT THIS BOOK DOWN !, 29 Jan 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
Since I received this book, I have not been able to put it down.

The author gives freely of herself and her own life experiences. It has useful, healthy, sensible information which is always expressed in a positive, encouraging and refreshing tone - the colourful, quirky illustrations are fun too. Some of the motivational fill-in sections delve into the reader's lifestyle and habits which have led them into losing their way with exercise and becoming overweight. Adore Yourself Slim offers strategies to cope with what life throws at you and to take control of eating habits and ways to reengage with exercise. The reader is also encouraged to love themselves for who they are right now.

There are several chapters with advice on the subject matter, hypnosis, healthier food, encouraging exercises, sneaky workouts, more intensive exercise programmes and also invaluable guidance with clever dressing, shopping advice and beauty tips. Then, if that wasn't enough there is a diary for following 12 weeks of the programme at the back of the book which is a fantastic useful tool to keep the reader in control and audit each day. I would recommend the book in its own right however, this book comes with a fabulous CD to accompany and work alongside the book. Lisa's voice is very comforting, calm and soothing. I was able to self-hynotise with ease. This book is my "bible" and I cannot recommend this inspirational book highly enough. Thank you Lisa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less irritating than PM, 11 Jan 2011
J. A. Richman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
This book contains a hypnosis CD and several fill in sections including a journal. It's a very similar work to I can make you slim. The main differences are as follows.

1) This book does not try to get you to buy other products.
2) Lisa Jackson has herself lost weight.
3) LJ acknowledges the contributions made by others to her book.
4) LJs book and cd have a chapter and a track designed to help you understand why you have put on weight emotional triggers etc. It looks to spend more time helping you sort out the underlying causes.

I find LJs voice less irritating than PMs however PMs voice is more effective for trance. If you're using PMs book and it's no longer working for you or you fancy a change of voice give it a go.

It's also a good book in it's own right without the CD. The fill in sections are excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but with warning, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
Can't fault the cd - has helped me no end. However, I do have a problem with the book - and i have hesitated to write this but having recommended it to a chum who said the same. If you have more than 3 stone to lose this book can be disheartening and depressing as the author talks of losing a couple of stone or putting on a few pounds like it was the end of the world. If you have more to lose then take heed or try another hypno diet first(as I said this cd is brilliant by itself) Paul Mckennas is good - theres a lot of rubbish on the market so be warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS REALLY WORKS!, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
I'm not usually one for gushing about books on Amazon (this is my first review in fact), but Adore Yourself Slim has really worked for me and so I wanted to let other people know that this really isn't just another gimmicky weight-loss book.
I bought a copy in mid-January when I was feeling like an overgrown stuffed turkey, having put on the usual few pounds over Christmas. And since then I've lost half a stone, all thanks to this book - and I really don't lose weight easily either. Yes, the book has great tips and advice on diet, exercise, staying motivated etc, just like a lot of other weight-loss books - the author, Lisa Jackson, is a health journalist so you'd expect her to be able to cover all the usual weight-loss topics in a thorough, succinct way, and she certainly sounds like she knows what she's talking about. But the reason this has really worked for me is because of the hypnosis CD. Don't think it's like Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin - when I saw Adore Yourself Slim had a hypnosis CD, I must admit that I was slightly put off because of my past experience with the Paul McKenna one. Not only did I not lose any weight with that product, but I found his voice so irritating, plus I really dislike the way he sounds like he's bullying you into losing weight - and he doesn't give any fitness or nutritional advice either (well, what would he know about that really, seeing as he's just a hypnotist!). Lisa Jackson, however, has such a soothing, calming, nurturing voice that it makes being brainwashed into dropping the pounds a complete pleasure.
This book has also really made me think about and realise what's made me put on weight in the first place and why I've failed to lose weight in the past, so I've been able to work out where I've been going wrong and have made some changes that I can hopefully maintain.
The other main reason I really like this book is because the author has such an infectious upbeat attitude - as l was reading it and listening to the CD, I felt like she was there with me, cheering me on every step of the way, as if I had my very own positive thinking coach next to me. In the end Lisa Jackson made me feel that if she can lose weight, so can I - and I have done. It's all mind over matter, and now I finally feel like I'm on the way to losing the stone I've wanted to shed for as long as I can remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Been Written 20 Years Ago, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
I wish this book had been written 20 years ago and then maybe it would not have taken me that long to finally find a sensible approach to losing weight. The author Lisa draws you in making you feel like you know her and the fact she has lost weight and gained and lost again and finally kept it off made you warm to her, finally someone who knows what you are going through and have been through. The sections on food types, fashion and exercise are all very informative and helpful. The CD that accompanies the book is broken down into 5 sections and as you read the book Lisa tells you which track to listen to. I put it on my Ipod and listened to it every night sometimes falling asleep listening to it, which Lisa tells you is ok to do. I bought this book at xmas and in the 7 months since buying it have lost over 3 stone, I think that proves how good the book is.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only weight-loss book you will ever need, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
I simply have to share with anyone who is trying to lose weight, the amazing new weight-loss resource Adore Yourself Slim. If you've been trying without luck to lose weight for some time, you will find this book, plus hypnosis CD, is all you need for slimming success. Author Lisa Jackson, a health journalist-turned-hypnotherapist, has created a wonderfully inspiring self-help book that makes losing weight easy and fun. Yes, fun!

The book contains lots of sections for you to fill in as you go along so that it becomes a souvenir of your own exciting weight-loss journey. Not only has Lisa packed the pages with inspiring real-life stories from successful slimmers, she also shares anecdotes about her own dramatic weight-loss that will have you giggling in recognition. Adore Yourself Slim is the slimming guide that you have been waiting for; combining positive thinking tactics with practical nutrition and exercise advice, it's sunshine for the soul.

Adore Yourself Slim is based on the powerful concept that the way to success is through self-love, not self-loathing. Under Lisa's soothing hypnosis sessions, you will learn to make your subconscious mind work for you to take the decisions necessary to transform your life.

This book works because Lisa has provided strategies to counter all of those common blocks to dieting... You just don't have the self-will? Then create a Goal Group, a network of friends to support you. You find diets too fiddly to follow? Check out the Adore Yourself Slim Eating Plan, which allows you to create your own menus by following a few simple guidelines. You find healthy food boring? Try the simple-yet-delicious recipes that take no time to whip up. You don't have any time for exercise and just don't enjoy it? Then give the Sneaky Workout, everyday opportunities for exercise, a go; or try the Let's Get Moving! Workout - enough to convince anyone that exercise can be exhilarating. You start off well but lapse before you've reached your goals? Turn to the section entitled Get Yourself Over A Plateau, it's just the pep talk you want to get you back on track. Ultimately, Adore Yourself Slim is all the encouragement you need to take control and adopt a healthier lifestyle right now.

So start living a happier life and celebrating your sexy, slim self. Adore Yourself Slim is the only diet book you will ever need. And for little more than the price of a coffee and cake or a couple of glasses of wine, you have nothing to lose (except that weight, of course). It is certainly working for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars SOMETHING SPECIAL, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
It's the only `diet' book I've read in it's entirely. It's such a happy engaging book that you feel uplifted and inspired from the very first chapter. It's surprisingly motivating throughout and got me to take action and sustain it.

I've lost just over 2 stone so far using this book's methods. I had previously struggled with my weight over the last 6 years- losing a few pounds, then putting some on and slowly creeping up. It was frustrating and demoralising and yes I wasn't feeling very good about myself. But this book really shifts your thinking to weight loss being `enjoyable' and it really is! I feel I have more control over my life and I've felt really great while losing the weight- it wasn't a `battle' as it has so much been like in the past. It's not a fad diet so what you lose you will keep off and the lifestyle changes aren't huge changes and can easily be incorporated in a busy lifestyle. The book is packed full of great ideas covering psychological, physical and practical aspects of weight loss.

This book will give you back your confidence and enthusiasm- even before you lose the weight. I highly recommend this book because it's sensible, logical, fun and it absolutely works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Inspiring!, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
I have never been moved to write a review of a book on Amazon before, but really feel I should in this instance. Lisa Jackson's book Adore Yourself Slim is the most motivational weightloss guide I've found (and I've tried every diet going, started, and given up on exercise plans countless times, and bought every magazine with a weightloss claim on the cover for the past ten years). The thing is, this really seems to work for me. It's actually fun to read, is packed full of ideas and useful advice on sticking to your guns in the sort of everyday situations that always spell the end of a diet for me, and although I was really sceptical about the CD and self hypnosis (and still don't feel convinced I'm under hypnosis when I'm listening to it), it really does seem to have helped me to change my behaviour. I've found myself craving healthier foods and feeling far happier to be eating healthily than I ever have before. It really is more 'feelgood' than other weightloss books and the recipes are tasty and easy to follow. I've lost 7lbs so far in a month, and I really feel that this time, it's going to stay off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with realistic advice and handy tips, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Adore Yourself Slim (Paperback)
I bought Adore Yourself Slim six weeks ago and have really enjoyed using it - especially the bit where it says you should only eat food you really like (as long as it's healthy of course!)

I loved writing down what I like about myself and what others like about me - as well as the compliments I've got on losing weight so far (a very encouraging 13lb - almost a stone!!! - though I've still got quite along while to go until I'm at my goal weight). It's really made a difference to how positive I feel about getting to my goal weight. Have decided to go to the Adore Yourself Slim seminar in March as a little treat to myself (the book encourages you to reward yourself for every slimming milestone!) Have stopped beating myself up about being overweight and am finding it easier to be good as a result.

Adore Yourself Slim
Adore Yourself Slim by Lisa Jackson (Paperback - 6 Jan 2011)
9.09