Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 July 2012
As a fan of Radcliffe's radio work I was keen to read the book when it was published.

I would suggest that anybody who likes his radio work and/or popular music of the last 50 years will find this an enjoyable & easy read.
I also found far less of the over the top self deprecation which slightly ruined his previous book.
on 28 October 2011
Another stand-out book from Radders (see BBC 6M). A fantastic journey through his life with a record from each year of his life as an accompaniment. You can't help but laugh at his recollections of times gone by (though my wife doesn't understand). Hopefully, Mark has more books like this to come in him for the future.
on 2 August 2013
I like Mark Radcliffe, a witty and interesting guy, but he's not a particularly good writer, there's too much repetition for my taste, and he 'goes off on one' too much - that said, there are interesting anecdotes and tales about various musicians etc ... I got about half way through before i gave up.
on 3 October 2015
Mark Radcliffe is just so funny. I love this book both for the musical choices, and the anedotes. Part musical journey, part mad Northern biography, it works on both levels. Especially love the apology to Kate Bush in the 1985 channel, if not so the Dire Straits choice.
on 30 March 2015
A very interesting book, with lots of references to elements of the past that I found comforting. Whether that is because of being the age I'm at I'm not sure, but all the same I would think that a lot of readers would enjoy it.
on 1 August 2012
I've onlyjust received this but on first look, it seems to be up to Mark's usual high standard. For those of you who enjoy Mark Radclife onteh radio, or who have enjoyed his other books, this will entertain just as much.
on 3 March 2016
Witty insightful account of Mark's life and music, at times a tad crude, but he can do better than that laddish stuff, and in the main does.
on 18 July 2012
Really good read, can pick it up as and when, some genuine laugh out loud stuff. Anyone who enjoyed the Mark and Lard humour will love it.
on 18 January 2014
If you love music buy this book. Whilst you may not agree with the choices it is wonderfully entertaining and easy to dip in and out of.
on 13 April 2013
Pleased with service and cost and my son seemed equally pleased after reading this book by BBC radio disc jockey.