5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever read
This book, which I have now read 3 or 4 times has had a very deep effect on me. It is the most inspirational and motivational book I have ever read and as such felt compelled to write a review to urge you to purchase it.

If you are anything like me you will have the following feelings:
- urges to 'do your own thing'
- Hate answering to a person
-...
Published 7 months ago by E. A. Gonzalez

3.0 out of 5 stars Sales book
As much as I like the book because it makes you stop and think it is afterall a sale book, selling the author and his other books. There are some good personal challenges where he makes you stop and think about where you are, what you want to do and some methods to help you get some of the way there. If like me, you already have a fair amount of the answers then this book...
Published 13 months ago by Mike H

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever read, 22 May 2014
E. A. Gonzalez "elchenuk" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works (Paperback)

If you are anything like me you will have the following feelings:
- urges to 'do your own thing'
- Hate answering to a person
- Get frustrated with having to work based on time schedules
- feel like a caged animal
- Feel like that there should be something else that you should be doing
- Have tried self employment various times
- Live for the weekend
- Can't wait until you retire so you can do all those fun things

and so on...

After my second failed attempt at trying to run my own business, a friend recommended The Entrepreneur Revolution. Suddenly all those feelings I've had, my previous failed attempts at starting a business, all made sense. I had been approaching my whole life and work the wrong way.
I can't stress how satisfying it is to be able to understand why things don't work and more importantly what to do to fix it. This book has taught me all of these things and more.

I apologise if I'm being ridiculously gushing about this book but I honestly think that this book is a blueprint to how you should try and live your life let alone become a succesful business person.

I have already started implementing many of the advice and strategies laid out in this book and things are starting to go from strength to strength. I'm not saying that this book will miraculously turn you into a business god, that is down to you, but it will give you the strategies that you need to implement to get you there.

Good luck
Eddy

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring and practical read., 20 Nov 2013
An inspiring and practical read. I listened to most of this audiobook during a twelve-hour drive from Harare, Zimbabwe to Blantyre, Malawi.

My notes:

Daniel Priestley talks about how we all have an empire building brain, however, the empire brain can be shut down if the lower parts of the brain (reptile or monkey) are over stimulated. The reptile sees resources as very scarce so it's extremely selfish, guarded and doesn't want to share; it only sees what is there; it's very low in imagination. The monkey is good at repetitive work but is very easily distracted. The empire builder is empathic, creative, strategic, resourceful.

As one of his 10 challenges, he recommends walking around with GBP1,000 in cash at all times to adjust your views on what is a lot of money, to learn a degree of self-control and I suppose to discover other fears and emotions that go with carrying what most of us would consider to be a fairly hefty, even unsafe, amount of cash.

Take two people you want to get to know better out to lunch every week.

Cut news out. Keep a journal.

Always have 5 people on your team:
1. A visionary
2. A sales person
3. A graphics person
4. A Swiss Army knife (i.e. a jack of all trades)
5. A mentor

Lean in! i.e. go for it, network aggressively, seek opportunities, visualise and believe in the vision!

Formula for success: luck, reputation and vitality

Ascending Transaction Model - ATM:
- Gifts
- Products for prospects
- Core products
- Logical next steps (charge a few thousand for these)

7 Maxims
1. You get what you pitch for and you are always pitching
2. Influence comes from output NOT confidence
3. Income follows assets (this has been ringing in my head almost daily since I read the book)
4. Get known by the success of your clients
5. You're in partnership with everyone that touches your business
6. Ideas are worthless - implementation is everything
7. Being imaginative is NOT being creative

I recommend you read this book for practical steps that will push your vision/business forward. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret ingredients for business success, 25 Mar 2013
Daniel's book is an easy-to-read page turner. It offers the reader inspired business advice intertwined with a humanitarian message that reminds us what the ultimate purpose of entrepreneurship is to create a life for ourselves that is full of passion and purpose, one that enables us to give back and help others. The book explains the background to the new entrepreneurial economy, explains how NOW is the best ever time to grow a business that you love, and gives clear directions on how to do that. Our goal is to create something remarkable for our customer. The book prods us out of our lethargy with sentences like "Ideas are worthless, implementation is everything" or "keep creating", "don't waste a day" - just what you need when you've fallen into one of those "Can't be ar**ed" frames of mind that sabatoge your progress. There are lots of ingredients in this book to help you build a global small business. The catalyst has to be action in line with your inner calling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priestley’s genius shines through clear ideas that make perfect sense, but ones I wouldn’t have necessarily connected ..., 24 Nov 2014
I’ve just finished reading Daniel Priestley’s remarkable “Entrepreneur Revolution” having filled it with notes and underlining. I immediately want to re-read it to list and prioritise all the points I need to implement.

The initial analysis of reptile, monkey and empire builder brain types are both entertaining and insightful. This inspires me to be more self-aware of how I spend my time and how I react to opportunities and threats.

Priestley’s genius shines through clear ideas that make perfect sense, but ones I wouldn’t have necessarily connected myself. A great example is his Ascending Transaction Model (“ATM”) – a process that I’ve so far failed to implement but am now determined to do so.

The golden nugget is the penultimate chapter in which Priestley challenges us to create not consume: “When you replace your entire day with acts of creation, you will have energy. When you fill your day with consumption you will burn out”.

Priestley has successfully distilled ideas I’ve read elsewhere, but haven’t been so elegantly articulated. The strange but beautiful truth is that to find success you need to switch off your “receive mode” and constantly be in “transmit mode”. Priestley illustrates this as “stop reading books and write your own book. Stop attending events, plan your own event. Stop reading the news, start creating something newsworthy ….”

If you’re serious about starting or growing your own business, read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're losing in the recession game, it might be time to play a different game... This book shows you how!, 19 May 2013
This seminal book on entrepreneurship teaches those who are ready for an exciting brave new world how to get out of the day-to-day rut and set out on the path of becoming a business revolutionary.

At some point in their careers, many people consider chucking the routine and going out on their own. More people than ever are turning those thoughts into action. In the Entrepreneurial Revolution Dan takes the role of mentor, coaching on the basics of shifting your mindset from being a victim of Industrial Age `cog in the machine' mentality into an ass kicking, creative, productive, purpose driven Global Small Business owner, where the world really is your oyster.

In this book, Dan sketches out the repositioning that is happening in the global economy and chronicles the changing world and the factors contributing to these shifts. This highlights the opportunities for those who are willing to adopt an entrepreneurial attitude.

Dan sets out to be inspiring, and he succeeds. The book has an engaging tone and is full of anecdotes that make it an accessible read and once started, hard to put down. This book is an excellent primer for those who are ready to take their life to the next level.

He uses stories of famous and not-so-famous people and widely varied examples to make his points.

Dan introduces and explains 10 challenges to get you charged mentally and emotionally for entrepreneurial success which is exactly what you want.

Its straightforward, no-nonsense style helps you identify ways to make yourself more effective and efficient. You'll learn how to think about business in new ways, ask the right questions to find new opportunities and develop a plan for your business evolution.

He delivers this positive message: `the world is entering a new age; the age of the entrepreneur, the agile small business, the flexible innovator'. And he's right so don't get left behind.

Although aimed at the neophyte entrepreneur; Dan Priestley reminds you that you're ultimately responsible for your own life so take charge of it. And that's a lesson even leaders and established business owners need now and then.

Martin Murphy 'The Performance Consultant'

5.0 out of 5 stars A vision of the future., 27 Mar 2013
I LOVE THIS BOOK. You need to buy this book yesterday. You should have already read it 4 times.

We are all entrepreneurs by design, we are not meant to be depressed, functional automatons. Dan will show you how to come out of your comfort zone & remind you what it feels like to be creative, connected & living life to the full again while becoming Master of your own Global Small Business.. Hold on to your hats because there really is an Entrepreneur Revolution going on. If you're in business already, get better at it & learn from this book & if you're not, make the jump, lean in and become the person you're really meant to be.

I appreciate that Das Kapital was important & Karl Marx was a clever man but that was about another revolution (industrial) that's coming to an end. There's a new one coming just around the corner & if you want to find out more you must read Dan's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be part of the future, 4 May 2013
Hannah77 (Cheshunt, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
Having read Dan's first book Key Person of Influence, attended his seminars, and joined the KPI programme I couldn't wait to read this book. Adhering to Dan's principles on the KPI programme and from his original book has been a total game changer for me. I am now building a global small business with an impressive reach and it's all from following his process.

This book is a game changer again. It's written from the heart and has the most amazing advice, which Dan has used himself to become the success that he is. This book will show you how to create a business with passion and soul that really works. It's not about being in the hamster wheel of life, it is about engaging in something you care passionately about and creating a way to give back and make positive changes through your global small business.

I am putting into action the suggestions in the book and I am seeing an acceleration in my business as a result.

If you want to change your life and be part of the future that is the Entrepreneurial Revolution then read this book and attend his KPI programme. It will change your life.

Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works, 15 May 2013
I was looking forward reading Daniel's second book after having read his 'Key Person of influence'.

This book is easy to read and it will help you thorough your entrepreneurial journey, independently of wherever you are right now.

As an specialist in shifting people's mindset myself and helping professionals in transition work out what is next, especially those wanting to escape their corporate jobs to become new entrepreneurs, I appreciate what it takes to take people to the next level of thinking, overcoming fear and inertia and get them inspired and into action.

The Entrepreneur Revolution brings to the forefront the global opportunities and developments available to all those who dare to follow their passion. Thanks to the information and technology age we live in there are no barriers beyond our thinking. Reading the book will help you if you want to start your own business, giving you tools to create a business that aligns with your values and creates success and fulfilment beyond the button line.

The author's own experiences, the case studies used to illustrate the book and the engaging style make it informative, useful and inspiring, a straightforward guide and an excellent starting point to your entrepreneurial life.

Stop waiting for the perfect time, dare to try, dare to succeed!

Maite Baron, The Corporate Escape Coach(tm) at The Corporate Escape(tm) , Author ofCorporate Escape: The Rise Of The New Entrepreneur .
Kindle Edition: Corporate Escape - The Rise Of The New Entrepreneur

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and enlightening, 27 Mar 2014
This is the first time I have written a review and feel compelled to write one for this book because it has had a huge impact on my mindset. If like me you are fed up with the mundane life of being a wage slave and also struggle to get your ideas from your head into reality then this book is for you.

I have spent my working life following a career which has led me to constantly question what it's all about. In my youth I was ambitious and creative loved earning a crust and finding innovative ways to do so. Somewhere along the road society has taught me to drop that and since then have always felt something is missing.

This book has highlighted what is possible and given me focus to get back to being true to myself. It also lays out simple approach that if followed I am sure will lead me to success. In fact without realising it I already have a few ideas that are at Beta stage. This will make sense to you if you read it.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind. blown., 10 Sep 2014
Robert Norris - See all my reviews
When I read this book I couldn't believe what I was reading. I finished it one sitting. Called in sick the next day to work because I had stayed up all night reading it. Boss wasn't impressed. I told them a revolution was happening and sent them a copy of this book with my resignation. Thats how good this book is. Never looked back. It helped take my small fortune and multiply.

This book should come with a warning. Like one of those stickers they put on albums with questionable language. Only this warning should be something along the lines of preparing your mind to be changed forever.

It's not a huge book. You won't find extraneous and superfluous words throughout from an oxford grad with no life exp. - what you'll find is down and dirty real talk for gun slingers and creators of the new era.

Put it in all the kids chrissy stockings. Welcome to the entrepreneur revolution. 5 star.