5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever read
This book, which I have now read 3 or 4 times has had a very deep effect on me. It is the most inspirational and motivational book I have ever read and as such felt compelled to write a review to urge you to purchase it.

If you are anything like me you will have the following feelings:
- urges to 'do your own thing'
- Hate answering to a person
-...
Published 4 months ago by E. A. Gonzalez

3.0 out of 5 stars Sales book
As much as I like the book because it makes you stop and think it is afterall a sale book, selling the author and his other books. There are some good personal challenges where he makes you stop and think about where you are, what you want to do and some methods to help you get some of the way there. If like me, you already have a fair amount of the answers then this book...
Published 10 months ago by Mike H

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever read, 22 May 2014
E. A. Gonzalez "elchenuk" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works (Paperback)

If you are anything like me you will have the following feelings:
- urges to 'do your own thing'
- Hate answering to a person
- Get frustrated with having to work based on time schedules
- feel like a caged animal
- Feel like that there should be something else that you should be doing
- Have tried self employment various times
- Live for the weekend
- Can't wait until you retire so you can do all those fun things

and so on...

After my second failed attempt at trying to run my own business, a friend recommended The Entrepreneur Revolution. Suddenly all those feelings I've had, my previous failed attempts at starting a business, all made sense. I had been approaching my whole life and work the wrong way.
I can't stress how satisfying it is to be able to understand why things don't work and more importantly what to do to fix it. This book has taught me all of these things and more.

I apologise if I'm being ridiculously gushing about this book but I honestly think that this book is a blueprint to how you should try and live your life let alone become a succesful business person.

I have already started implementing many of the advice and strategies laid out in this book and things are starting to go from strength to strength. I'm not saying that this book will miraculously turn you into a business god, that is down to you, but it will give you the strategies that you need to implement to get you there.

Good luck
Eddy

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring and practical read., 20 Nov 2013
An inspiring and practical read. I listened to most of this audiobook during a twelve-hour drive from Harare, Zimbabwe to Blantyre, Malawi.

My notes:

Daniel Priestley talks about how we all have an empire building brain, however, the empire brain can be shut down if the lower parts of the brain (reptile or monkey) are over stimulated. The reptile sees resources as very scarce so it's extremely selfish, guarded and doesn't want to share; it only sees what is there; it's very low in imagination. The monkey is good at repetitive work but is very easily distracted. The empire builder is empathic, creative, strategic, resourceful.

As one of his 10 challenges, he recommends walking around with GBP1,000 in cash at all times to adjust your views on what is a lot of money, to learn a degree of self-control and I suppose to discover other fears and emotions that go with carrying what most of us would consider to be a fairly hefty, even unsafe, amount of cash.

Take two people you want to get to know better out to lunch every week.

Cut news out. Keep a journal.

Always have 5 people on your team:
1. A visionary
2. A sales person
3. A graphics person
4. A Swiss Army knife (i.e. a jack of all trades)
5. A mentor

Lean in! i.e. go for it, network aggressively, seek opportunities, visualise and believe in the vision!

Formula for success: luck, reputation and vitality

Ascending Transaction Model - ATM:
- Gifts
- Products for prospects
- Core products
- Logical next steps (charge a few thousand for these)

7 Maxims
1. You get what you pitch for and you are always pitching
2. Influence comes from output NOT confidence
3. Income follows assets (this has been ringing in my head almost daily since I read the book)
4. Get known by the success of your clients
5. You're in partnership with everyone that touches your business
6. Ideas are worthless - implementation is everything
7. Being imaginative is NOT being creative

I recommend you read this book for practical steps that will push your vision/business forward. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocket fuel for Entrepreneurship, 27 Mar 2013
This is probably the best book on modern-day entrepreneurship you will ever read. I thought it was brilliant - clear, lucid, provocative, fast-paced and intelligent. Peppered with insightful nuggets of wisdom on mindset, finding your passion, product or service building, business models, having influence in your market, creating value and much more...

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 22 Jun 2014
Iain Sneddon (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Frankly this book did exactly what it said it would for me, it caused a revolution in my thinking, giving me the push to act on some thoughts that had been bubbling around for a while. It does, however, go beyond the tub thumping about the new age of the economy you can choose to move into, Mr Priestley offers some practical advice about how to turn these thoughts into a business, based on his own experiences. So much so that my copy now has my thoughts scribbled in the margins that came to me as I was reading it. I can't think of a book that's caused me to do that for quite some while. If you are thinking about setting up your own business, feel you're a but stifled in the working environment where you are just now I'd really recommend you read this, it will probably take you off in a totally different direction that you get to control.

5.0 out of 5 stars A vision of the future., 27 Mar 2013
I LOVE THIS BOOK. You need to buy this book yesterday. You should have already read it 4 times.

We are all entrepreneurs by design, we are not meant to be depressed, functional automatons. Dan will show you how to come out of your comfort zone & remind you what it feels like to be creative, connected & living life to the full again while becoming Master of your own Global Small Business.. Hold on to your hats because there really is an Entrepreneur Revolution going on. If you're in business already, get better at it & learn from this book & if you're not, make the jump, lean in and become the person you're really meant to be.

I appreciate that Das Kapital was important & Karl Marx was a clever man but that was about another revolution (industrial) that's coming to an end. There's a new one coming just around the corner & if you want to find out more you must read Dan's book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works, 15 May 2013
I was looking forward reading Daniel's second book after having read his 'Key Person of influence'.

This book is easy to read and it will help you thorough your entrepreneurial journey, independently of wherever you are right now.

As an specialist in shifting people's mindset myself and helping professionals in transition work out what is next, especially those wanting to escape their corporate jobs to become new entrepreneurs, I appreciate what it takes to take people to the next level of thinking, overcoming fear and inertia and get them inspired and into action.

The Entrepreneur Revolution brings to the forefront the global opportunities and developments available to all those who dare to follow their passion. Thanks to the information and technology age we live in there are no barriers beyond our thinking. Reading the book will help you if you want to start your own business, giving you tools to create a business that aligns with your values and creates success and fulfilment beyond the button line.

The author's own experiences, the case studies used to illustrate the book and the engaging style make it informative, useful and inspiring, a straightforward guide and an excellent starting point to your entrepreneurial life.

Stop waiting for the perfect time, dare to try, dare to succeed!

Maite Baron, The Corporate Escape Coach(tm) at The Corporate Escape(tm) , Author ofCorporate Escape: The Rise Of The New Entrepreneur .
Kindle Edition: Corporate Escape - The Rise Of The New Entrepreneur

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for entrepreneurs and small business owners!, 7 Aug 2014
This book made me laugh with joy since Daniel Priestley expresses so clearly what I have always felt about the freedom which one could enjoy as a successful business owner. This book spoke to my very being about my quest to escape from being a 'worker' to a becoming a 'remarkable entrepreneur' with a 'remarkable global business'. This is a must-read for anyone who has dreamt of joining the entrepreneur revolution. The best time in history to succeed in business is now! Get this book, you won't regret it! Onwards and upwards!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind. blown., 10 Sep 2014
Robert Norris - See all my reviews
When I read this book I couldn't believe what I was reading. I finished it one sitting. Called in sick the next day to work because I had stayed up all night reading it. Boss wasn't impressed. I told them a revolution was happening and sent them a copy of this book with my resignation. Thats how good this book is. Never looked back. It helped take my small fortune and multiply.

This book should come with a warning. Like one of those stickers they put on albums with questionable language. Only this warning should be something along the lines of preparing your mind to be changed forever.

It's not a huge book. You won't find extraneous and superfluous words throughout from an oxford grad with no life exp. - what you'll find is down and dirty real talk for gun slingers and creators of the new era.

Put it in all the kids chrissy stockings. Welcome to the entrepreneur revolution. 5 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Join the Entrepreneur Revolution here:, 25 Mar 2013
Some books just cant be put down, they are few and far between agreed, but let me tell you, this is one of them. I got this book at 5 o'clock on a Friday night, and by 1 o'clock in the morning I was gutted that I needed to go to sleep. All I wanted to do was stay up and read this outstanding book from Dan Priestley. By the Sunday I had finished it. Are you a monkey brain, an entrepreneur brain, or reptile brain? I must tell you now, after reading this book I have completely cut out watching mindless TV and do not want to 'follow the crowd'. If you want to grow you, your business and expand your life, then read this book and join the Entrepreneur Revolution. It will help you cement your current mindset, or enlighten you and allow you to expand! If you want to 'live in the entrepreneur sweet spot' as Dan to eloquently puts it, then this book is for you. I urge you to read it, not once, but a few times, and you will get immense benefit from it. Enjoy, I know you will....

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for budding entrepreneurs, 18 Aug 2014
Congratulations on such a fine piece of work.
It's insightful, empowering and well structured. The writing style is easy to read, non-egotistical, and honest. There is a good balance with being both inspirational and providing clear practical directives for budding entrepreneurs.
Highly recommended.