5.0 out of 5 stars An Unexpected Joy
I came across this book unexpectedly. I have been fortunate enough to never suffer from depression. I grew up in a supportive & loving environment & have always considered myself to be blessed with a happy nature. So I was not expecting to find so much of value and interest in this wonderful book.

If, like me, you are leaving the relatively carefree days of...
Published 22 months ago by Kate, Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars Reiterating common sense
Nothing wrong with reiterating common sense and that catalyst may be sufficient for many to address some basic ways to mitigate unhappiness e.g. Avoid negative thoughts. Full marks however for recognising that depression is a medical condition and may require professional help beyond what a self help book can achieve.

It should always be stressed that there is...
Published 19 months ago by Cheshire Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars How to be Happy., 30 July 2012
This review is from: How to be Happy: How Developing Your Confidence, Resilience, Appreciation and Communication Can Lead to a Happier, Healthier You (Paperback)
Liggy has excelled herself once again. This book is a practical and realistic, step by step guide towards achieving a positive and happy life. I was surprised to see how many of my favourite (Happy) films and songs were included in Liggys top ten.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiration for life, 15 Mar 2013
Liggy's book is a great resource for dipping into for the inspirational quotes and stories for the challenging times as well as how to make the good stuff better. I picked up her book this morning and came across a story of a boy and a butterfly, the life lesson inherent in this simple story of change and appropriate effort to emerge from a chrysalis was very moving. It helped me to deepen my appreciation of engaging with the profound upheaval in my own life journey in a positive way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but lacked depth, 23 Aug 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am interested in the subject matter, not because I suffer from depression (because I don't) but because I am a natural optimist and like feeling happy.

I have read other books about happiness, the most recent being the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, which I really enjoyed. I found How to Be Happy to be quite a reasonable guide, full of useful tips, however I found it to be shallow, not much in the way of research to refer to and it covered the headlines rather than the story.

I think that many people will enjoy this book, but perhaps if you are already well read on the subject matter you might not find what you are looking for here.

Still worth a read though.