5.0 out of 5 stars he's done it again!
Published on 4 May 2012 by Andy Cope

2.0 out of 5 stars Chaotic and sometimes incoherent
This book was a daily deal at Kindle store. I am glad I didn't pay more for it. McGee should start writing in paragraphs, and stick to writing about what he knows about.
Published on 24 Dec. 2012 by Dr Beat

5.0 out of 5 stars he's done it again!, 4 May 2012
This review is from: How Not To Worry: The Remarkable Truth of How a Small Change Can Help You Stress Less and Enjoy Life More (Paperback)
Mr SUMO...you've done it again! This fab book takes a very serious subject (worrying, which makes you anxious, which creates stress, which robs you of energy and life!) and manages to boil it down to the basics. Lots of tips. Lots of real world stuff. Some great examples. And, in true SUMO style, some laugh out loud moments. I love the style and the tone. As human beings we're programmed to worry...but this book will help get things into perspective. Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe it!, 8 Jun. 2012
Preston Girl (Telford, Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews
when I told my husband I was ordering this he laughed 'just one book'!! I'm a serial worrier and always have been with low self esteem to boot. the great thing about Paul McGee's books are that they are short, to the point, realistic, humourous and full of great little tips to help you. For me it's these small, but valuable nuggets that come into my mind when needed - so for me it HELPS! Honest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to inspire us all to a better emotional level for daily life, 29 April 2012
I've read nearly all Paul McGee's books and his latest offering cannot fail to inspire. I have utilised aspects of Paul's material in my work and personal life and was excited to hear Paul had been working on another new book to help others on their way to a better life.

It assists the reader in understanding how they can develop strategies to help get all aspects of worry, stress. anxiety into perspective for a better life. Paul offers a no-nonsense, understandable and humorous approach to the subject which can't fail to inspire. He doesn't delve into psychobable but makes it real by talking about his own experiences of worry, stress and dealing with change as well as that of his family and friends, which really helps the reader apply it to their own life experiences. This book I know will become a real reference book to dip into for me and my family just as SUMO (Paul's philosophy and book on life strategies for success) has and continues to be. As humans we are all very different in make up and perspective but we all worry in varying degrees and it is refreshing to realise from reading this book that sometimes people love to to worry rather than take action to minimise the effects of worry on others and their own health.

I am from a family who worries - and after soaking up all this book has to offer in a weekend of reading and reflecting, I would highly recommend everyone to invest in a copy - I firmly believe that whatever your age, perspective on life or background - you can't fail to relate with the issues of worry that Paul explains in such a creative way for the reader whilst at the same time helping you develop a strategy to help you overcome the effects of worry on your life. In a world where we focus on the negative aspects of life more than positive it is refreshing that Paul has again offered a pro-active solution to one of life's constant elements - we just need to stop, understand and move on.......

Great read, totally inspired and worrying less already......

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight talking and accessible, 9 May 2012
Very conversational and easy to understand, this book can be powerful if you know you worry too much and want to do something about it. Inevitably, it's also a book on reducing stress by helping identify the (often) low level noise that slows us down and robs us of joy.

Having read other material on this subject, the explanation of how our brain works and why we react the way we do, is the simplest and clearest I've yet come across. Crucially, it doesn't lose you.

This is a personable book laced with plenty of humour. It doesn't pretend to be something it isn't (an academic book) and often surprises with its straight talk. There is a strong sense that the author has worked hard to simplify the key messages and make them memorable. And he has.

4.0 out of 5 stars quite useful, 23 Dec. 2012
John Hopper (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This was a book of tips on how not to let worries overwhelm your life. Nothing too original but some quite useful advice on analysing your worries realistically, not immersing yourself in negative media stories, associating with people who lift your mood and decluttering your life. 4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful book, 23 Aug. 2013
Stuart Roberts "sturob" (NW England) - See all my reviews
A very helpful and practical book. Paul McGee explains how the various parts of the brain work, why we sometimes become worried and apprehensive about things, and gives practical tips and advice on how to reduce worrying. I have read books before which were all about breathing exercises, etc, which are probably more helpful in cases of physical stress or anxiety attacks, but what I needed was something to help me be less apprehensive and worried about future events (worrying about all the stuff that might go wrong, etc), and this book fits the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worryworts everywhere this is the book for you, 2 Feb. 2013
Plain speaking and easy to understand. May take the mystery out of worrying. Glad to know my black sense of humour has probably helped me at the very worst of times......thought I was just weird

5.0 out of 5 stars A little knowledge, 4 May 2012
Fab book. 1st half will have you seeing why you're worryng and you will be starting to find solutions as you read. 2nd half will help you expand the things you can do in order to have peace of mind. If you're standing, worrying, unable to figure out why you're not able to do the things you know you can then read the book, let it clear your mind and start moving on to be the best you can be :)

4.0 out of 5 stars How Not to Worry, 15 Mar. 2013
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Divided into two sections - Section One - Understand and Section Two - Move on - this is an interesting book for those of us who find we dwell on things far too much. Some people worry about what might happen and others worry about what has happened. A certain amount of worry could be necessary but too much can spoil your enjoyment in life and wear you down so that you feel stressed all the time which is not good for you either mentally or physically.

Understanding why we worry can help us along the path of reducing or even eliminating our worries. Making a concerted effort to stop ourselves worrying where worry will serve no useful purpose using the techniques described in this book may well help us to enjoy life again instead of being weighed down by our worries.

The book describes how we use the three `As' to tackle our worries - Awareness of what exactly we're worrying about; Analysis of our worries - where we look at the subject of our worries in a rational way. This could include looking back at events form our past which may be over-influencing the present worry. The third `A' is action - and helps us look at what actions we can take to address our worry and maybe eliminate it entirely.

I found the book interesting and informative and if you are a worrier - or think you are a worrier - then this book can probably help you reduce the worry you feel on a regular basis. Even though I don't consider myself to be a worrier I found the book gave me food for thought. There is a list of further reading for those interested in the subject and various books and websites are mentioned in the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Pushing The Self Destruct Button-Read This Book!, 10 May 2012
Carolyn (Preston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book has helped me to step of the downwards spiral of negativity I sometimes find going on in my brain. I use the 'revised script'on p174 to stop myself escalating my worries and anxiety (and the book helpfully separates the two) into a form of self destruction which can negatively impact; not only on me but others around me. The idea of 'what I am feeling is temporary' is extremely useful before I press 'send' on my emotions to all and sundry. I've read all of the SUMO books and use their wisdom time and time again. Written in a down to earth and friendly style this is a non-academic, practical book for anyone to access and get immediate perspective, ideas, humour and support. Another ray of 'mancunian' sunshine from Mr McGee!