5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!
Published 19 months ago by Rowena

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great story but just too short.
Another great chapter in the B saga, however this book just felt far too short in comparison to the preceeding books. Don't get me wrong this follows the same great style of the other books but I just felt I didn't get my money's worth.
Published 13 months ago by Mr. A. Foxhall

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: ZOM-B Baby (Zom B 5) (Hardcover)
Wow, where do I start? I may be slightly biased, as Darren Shan has been my favourite author for over ten years, but this book blew me away. I bought and read it on the day of the release and it's stuck with me ever since. I find myself unable to do every day things with out thinking about the events that unfolded in this book. I can't stop thinking about B and what she will do next, and I can't stop thinking about what in earth the grisly baby actually is! At this point, even though we're only 5 books in of a 12 book series, Zom-B is my favourite book series I've read. It deals with serious issues about society, with the added factor of zombies! And it's so refreshing to have a female main character, not often are girls given the same treatment as men in many franchises. I would recommend this to all of my friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Afraid of babies? .....you will be, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: ZOM-B Baby (Zom B 5) (Hardcover)
B smith is finds it hard to come to terms with dr.oystein revelation from Angels. Her beliefs and views on the world make her an outsider to the rest of the angels. Even after everything that she has been through can there possibly be something beyond us? Isnt it all just the work of mankind that has brought humanity to its knees or are the mad beleifs of dr. Oysein, timothy and even sister claire that God, the devil and even miracles exist.
Then dread builds up inside you when B meets timothy again and shows a whole new side to the world that makes you rethink and look back oneverything you've learnt, making even B doubt her views on the world.
What did her dreams try to tell her? Why are they coming true?
We all think we know the truth. We havent even come close yet!
Dare you tread into the nursery and hear the screams of an undead baby?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really starting to see who B is, 28 Jan. 2015
First thing first, would you look at that cover how bloody eye catching is it? In mine and Amanda's end of the year book survey I posted a picture about both the Zom-B Angel's cover and the Zom-B Baby cover when asked the question of favourite covers of the books I had read this year and why would I pick any other than that of my favourite author? When it comes to the cover's of Mr Shan's book he's never shocking for the sake of it, every cover no matter how gruesome has something to do with the story itself.

Aside from the covers the other thing I love more than anything bout Darren's book's is that though on the surface they are just a fantasy book for kids there is always such a deeper meaning and important message etched in-between the characters words, such themes as racism and bigotry, corruption, genetic engineering, and now religion and belief. Throughout all of the Zom-B series so far I have felt like, until Zom-B Angels we didn't really get to know B, the books were more focused n trying to set the scene of a zombie apocalypse and really get you engaged in all the horrors that come with it. However in this book I feel we are really really starting to see B for who she is, her character development over the past two books has taken such a big leap from the first book and I'm starting to like her the more I read. (considering I wasn't too sure about her as a main character from the start I'm glad she's growing on me )

At the end of Zom-B Angels, Oystenin told B why he had made it his mission to fight the 'war'. Despite making some friends, B wasn't sure if she could stay in the environment with someone she doesn't think is 100% sane, leaving is hard though and to make her mind up she really has to take a look inside herself and her past, she also needs to find herself a little more and after coming to conclusion that she couldn't do that where she was her decision is made. She leaves everyone behind and sets off again in the streets of London, filled even more with reviveds. On her travels she bumps into an old acquaintance who is nice enough to put her up for a while. By the end of the book she has decided what she wants to do but seems more confused than ever.

As I've mentioned a lot of times while talking about Darren Shan, I'll pretty much read anything he writes. Though I will admit that when it comes to this series I'm still waiting for a favourite. Each new addition to the story brings something more terrifying and strange than the next one did and the characters are just as good if not better than before. I enjoyed learning more about B and seeing a different side to her, I enjoyed reading what happened to an old face, but for me what I'm looking forward to the most is finding out more about Mr Dowling who could be one of Mr Shan's best villains to date (…. I say could be because nothing comes close to Lord Loss in my eyes haha). Overall his book was good and I got the next one out of the library today so I can't wait see what happens :)

5.0 out of 5 stars kids zombie books, 2 Nov. 2013
My teenage lad has all the Zom-B books and can't wait for the next book be to out.....Once he starts to read he never wants to put it down...must be brilliant if it gets him off his xbox!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 25 Oct. 2013
Again it ended too quickly,. Great story that continues to keep me gripped. now awaiting next one patiently, what will happen to Zoe?

5.0 out of 5 stars ZOM-B Baby, 22 Oct. 2013
I'd recommend this to anyone who loves blood and guts. I think anyone at the mature level of 13/14 should be able to read this without getting night-mares. Darren Shan is truly the master of horror, and my favourite writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Oct. 2013
Great book, I would definitely recommend it to any one who likes reading, read the rest of the series first though;)

5.0 out of 5 stars zom -B- Baby, 14 Oct. 2013
another excellent book by darren Shan can not wait for the next installment, easy to read and could not put it down when started to read it

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleepless nights, 13 Oct. 2013
This is an amazing book yet not as eventful as the rest of them. just like after reading the other books, I am expecting sleepless nights. I wouldn't recommend it for younger ages, but if you are brave then it is a must-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Oct. 2013
This was a fab short read. It is written in a really good way.
Make shore you read the other books first.

ZOM-B Baby (Zom B 5)
ZOM-B Baby (Zom B 5) by Darren Shan (Hardcover - 26 Sept. 2013)