5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
Published on 26 Oct 2012 by Anonymous101

3.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed
I have been such a huge fan of this series since the very beginning, with the announcement of each new installment causing much squeeing and excitement from me. Hearing about Finale, I was super excited but also a little sad the series was ending. But what I didn't expect was to finish the book feeling so disappointed.

With the death of the Black Hand - Hank...
Published on 22 Nov 2012 by Jo

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Finale (Kindle Edition)
Finale is a-maz-ing! It started off slightly weaker than expectations, but as soon as the first chapter commenced, it just got better and better. There were unexpected twists throughout, and a mix of emotions. The ending, was final, and in most cases, I would say that was a bad thing, but this was an amazing ending, and it was neither premature, nor overdue. It was expertly written and is right now my favourite book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed, 22 Nov 2012
Jo (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finale (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)

With the death of the Black Hand - Hank Millar, Nora's biological father - Nora now has to lead the Nephilim army, bound by the oath she made to Hank before his death. If she doesn't lead the army, both her and her mother will die. Yet, she is under orders from the archangels to stop the war. How can she lead an army, and stop a war? The fact that she is only newly Nephil and not as strong as most, and because of her relationship with Patch, a fallen angel, the people who are supposed to be loyal to her do not trust her or think she's up to the job, and are just waiting for her to put one step wrong and put someone else in her place. Her relationship with Patch must remain a secret, and she must start to train with Dante, a Nephil who was Hank's right hand man, to get the Nephilim on side. Nora does not have an easy task ahead of her. Add to the mix a shady archangel who seems to be out for Patch's blood, and Nora's life has given a whole new meaning to the word "difficult".

Finale sounds pretty exciting, and going by the previous books in the series, it should be, but I really wasn't feeling it. There have been various things that niggled me in previous books, but they just drove me round the bend in Finale. We're four books down the line - the very last book - you would have thought Nora would have gained some common sense by now. Unfortunately, her insecurities stop her from thinking logically, and she continues to jump to conclusions and doubt Patch, and she makes rash decisions because of it. Ok, I don't like having heroines who are completely perfect, but it would be good to have seen some growth in Nora's character. Sometimes I wanted to shake her, sometimes I wanted to slap her, and sometimes I hardly understood why Patch was still with her! God, he must have the patience of a saint. I just didn't like her at all in this book. With every page, I was pretty much thinking, "Come on, Nora, buck up!" Sure, she has a lot to deal with, but it was just too much this time round.

For a final book, things need to be tied up, but it's a whole book, so it needs to have it's own plot and it's own conflict. Both of which Finale has. However, there were a few conflicts that just seemed resolved far too easily. I can't really go into the one that bothered me the most, too spoilery, but oh my god! There really needed to be a lot more going on with that issue, seriously. And then we had the ending, the finale. I expected more. If I was to talk about the whole thing (which I won't, spoilers), it would sound pretty epic, but Nora's part? I just wasn't excited, I wasn't scared, I didn't feel much tension. There are a few points in the book that should have really rocked me emotionally, and they just didn't. I just didn't seem to care about any of the characters in this book, and I finished thinking, "That's it?"

To be fair, the epilogue was pretty cool, I did like it. But on the whole? I remember reading Hush, Hush for the first time, and being completely wowed, and thinking how awesome this sexy fallen angel on a motorbike was. That guy seems to have disappeared in this book. Less sexy, more soppy. It was just too much. I don't know, maybe I wasn't in the mood for it at this particular time, maybe I would enjoy it more if I read it another time, but I just finished feeling so underwhelmed. It has to be said, Fitzpatrick is an awesome author, and her writing constantly kept me turning the pages addictively, despite not actually enjoying the story. But yeah, really disappointed. Do check out a few more reviews before deciding whether you read Finale based on mine alone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as exciting as the other books, but a brilliant end to a series!, 12 Feb 2013
Laura Hartley (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Finale (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
Warning: This review may contain spoilers for those who have not read the previous three books.

Finale is the last book in the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. At the end of Silence (#3), Nora killed her evil Nephilim father, Hank, but not before swearing an oath to lead his Nephilim army. An oath that will kill her should she break it. The war between the Fallen Angels and the Nephilim is coming to a head as Cheshvam approaches but Nora also promised the Archangels that she would stop the two from going to war. Complicated to say the least. What's more, she's just become a Nephilim, but Patch, her uber hot boyfriend, is a Fallen Angel and she has to pick a side.

From reading other people's reviews, it appears that I was significantly less impressed with this book than other people. I have always said that this is one of my all time favourite series, but I think that my love for it had fizzled out a bit by the time I got round to reading Finale. Don't get me wrong, this book wasnt bad or anything, it just wasnt as good as I was hoping it would be. I didn't feel that excited whilst I was reading it. Patch and Nora's relationship is just as sexy as it always has been, but after three books of their banter, I think I just needed something a little fresher. The plot of this book was interesting, but nothing too exciting. I'm not sure what I wanted to happen but I expected more from the finale of this series (pun intended).

There aren't really that many characters involved in this book, it's mostly about Nora with Patch, Dante, Scott, Vee and Marcie as secondary characters. This book, like the rest of the series, is written from Nora's point of view. I think one of the reason's I didn't find this book that exciting was because Nora isn't the most exciting character. Now if this series had been written from Patch's point of view, that would be another story (quite literally). Although she's now head of the Nephilim army and she has lots of responsibility she doesn't seem to think very interesting thoughts and it was the dialogue more than the narrative that kept me reading. Nora is a lot more independent in this novel and thinks for herself but for some reason I just didn't like her character all that much and I definitely prefer human Nora. I really liked Patch in this novel. He's most reader's favourite character in this series but I don't think any of them could deny that no matter how sexy he is, he can be incredibly frustrating. He didn't bother me all that much in this novel, probably because this time round Nora was the baddie (sort of).

Although this book disappointed my greatly, I couldn't stop smiling at the ending. The ending is predictable but how you get there is not. Quite a lot happens in the last fifty or so pages of the book and there are a few unexpected twists and turns. These twists were quite shocking but I felt that they were glanced over and rushed so I didn't have much time to process them and actually react. There is an epilogue at the end where there are some details about what's going on three years on, but in my opinion this epilogue was focused on the most irrelevant plot strand ever and I would've much preferred it if there was more about what happened to Nora and Patch.

I keep saying that this book wasn't 'exciting'enough, but it was by no means boring. It was certainly a very interesting book that kept reading at a pretty fast pace it just didn't set off any fireworks in my brain or get my heart pounding. That probably doesn't sound very inspiring but for people that have already started this series, I'd definitely recommend that you keep reading until the end and for people that haven't picked up a book in the Hush, Hush series, you really should. The character Patch is something pretty special and will no doubt capture your heart from the very first time you meet him in book one. I think the books get progressively less impressive as you move through the series, but that's only really because book one was so darn good.

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Finale (Kindle Edition)
wow.an explosive and amazing 'finale' to abrilliant series .it is full of twists andpacked with action,romance and mystery. another fab book becca x

5.0 out of 5 stars Saying goodbyes to Nora and Patch, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Finale (Kindle Edition)
This is the last instalment of the Hush Hush series and one word to summarize it all-FANTASTIC!!!

The story picks up right after the third book. Nora has become a purebreed Nephil and it's only days before Cheshvan starts. Tension is running high between the fallen angels and the nephilim. As the new leader of the nephilim army, Nora has to step in and put an end to this war which has been fought for centuries between the two races before she can join her love Patch.
I downloaded it onto my kindle straight after it was out and I just could not put it down in the last few days. I even installed the kindle app onto my phone so I could keep reading when out and about. Both the epilogue and prologue are nicely done. And in the last few chapters,there was so much surprises and I got really hooked!!!

It's an incredible read and a fantastic end to the series. It's full of twists and turns and packed with lots of action, just like a rollercoaster ride. Becca did a good job in developing the plot and kept me guessing- "who's the real traitor"?
After reading book 3, I knew that was not the last we would see of "devilcraft" and in this book, it takes the central role in the storyline. We are also introduced to the political organization of the nephilim race which is in the form of a council. And reading Nora doing her nephilm special training session with her right-hand man Dante is fun. In previous books we've seen both nephilim and fallen angels using the mind trick skills but during Nora's training session, we get to find out how they actually train themselves for this skill. And the same also applies for possession.

In previous books, we had a fair amount of players from both Nephil and fallen angel side and in this final book, Becca throws in the missing piece of the equation-the archangels, which is a good move for the storyline.

As for the characters, we have two main new comers Pepper and Dante and both are so believable and add a lot to the already complex situation in the story. It's also good to see characters from previous books such as Dabria and even Rixon to add more spice to the story.

The only thing I don't quite like is how Becca handles Scott. In previous books, he was kind of Nora's side-kick when Patch was not available. In this book, however, he is overshadowed by Dante. A similar situation happens to Vee. I feel as if she becomes distant to Nora and is replaced by the annoying Marcie. Becca barely redeem herself towards the end with the surprise from Vee. I kind of understand why Becca has to give this version of "happy ever after" for Vee but what's the point of pairing her up with Scott?

As for Patch and Nora, well their relationship has certainly moved up a level. They are being tested but unlike the second book, they have a bigger trust on each other. And oh, their oath to each other towards the end of the book is so beautiful!!

Overal, Becca has done a good job in concluding this series, though the title of the book is so predictable. This is my first series on fallen angels(I am normally a vampire person) and I can't believe it's over. I am going to have a difficult time saying goodbye to the lovely characters and perhaps find another series as good as this one on fallen angels. I know this is going to sound cheesy but putting this wonderful and captivating story onto the big screen is not a bad idea!!

Thanks again Becca!!

3.0 out of 5 stars formulaic, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Finale: 4 (Hush Hush) (Paperback)
the first book in the series is by far the best. this really felt as if the author was just streching it out for no good reason. still a page turner though!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Dissappointed, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Finale (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
I'm a huge fan of the series, I love all 3 previous books, and have 2 copies of each book (I was that obsessed!) but the last one (Finale) left me feeling pretty disappointed, and its not just me, friends who I've lent the book to, are also shocked at how disappointing the book was. I so badly wanted to love it, but it just wasn't working. The romance from the book was drained out, and replaced with mediocre action, which is all fine and dandy but as a reader I want to be gripped into the book, and not wondering what the hell is going on with the plot of the story. its such a shame such a series ended on a low, I would have preferred a better epilogue something more centered around the people who everyone was most interested in - Patch & Nora, instead around Vee?! When I first started reading the book, I just wasn't pulled into it, and to be honest the book doesn't grip or even hook the reader, its just sort of empty if that makes sense. For me it all went downhill from the beginning, and there was no saving it. I waited a year for this book and it gave nothing but disappointment. The characters were nothing like the people a reader grew to love. The book was better off not being written. It was like waiting for Christmas say to receive a present of someone you cherish and all you get is a generic sock, it is that bad. Unfortunately. I badly wish i could have loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Finale (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
Perfect ending to a really good series, has all the twists and turns you want for a finale! Dont get me wrong as hard as it was to say goodbye to Nora and Patch, it was even harder not to push myself straight to the end of the book. Kudos to Becca Fitzpatrick for not being a copycat writer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Finale (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
Long awaited final to the hush hush series x sad to be saying fair well to Nora and patch , been an exciting journey with loads of drama and mystery brilliantly written love the whole series will be keeping my eye open for any future books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars An alternative to Bella and Edward!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Finale (Kindle Edition)
I bought the series to read all together. I bought them in paperback first but I got them on kindle to save space.

The story is gripping, I couldn't put my kindle down! I loved the story, very poignant in places.

Finale (Hush Hush)
Finale (Hush Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick (Hardcover - 25 Oct 2012)