Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 March 2012
My son absolutely adores the first two 'Albie' books, so this was something of a compulsory purchase for our household.
The look on his face when I took it out of the packet was just priceless. 'A new Albie book!', you could almost see him thinking.

That was worth the purchase alone. But we'll be getting hours and hours of enjoyment out of this book. He knows the first two almost off by heart (he's 3), and 'reads' them out loud even though he can't yet actually read.

This is a brilliant third installment in the series. It follows the usual format: Albie is called downstairs by his mum to do some boring chore or another, but ends up having an exciting adventure that he wasn't expecting.

I hope there's another one in the pipeline!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 February 2013
Bought this for my 3-year-old son, who enjoys every reading.

Albie is supposed to be going to school. He slides into a daydream where he's actually the new boy of a school on another planet, and all the other students and teachers are aliens. The alphabet is different, the food is different, and the toys are different. Albie doesn't know how to read, eat or play in this world. The teacher keeps explaining to the class that Albie is an alien from Earth and doesn't know these things, so the other "children" help him. Then he's picked up by his mother in a car/spaceship, and goes home to start his next daydreamed adventure.

Big bright pictures full of colour and detail, and lots of gizmo stuff in the illustrations, which my son is very much into.
on 11 June 2012
What a lovely book. Imaginative story with lots of detail in the pictures which means our 18 month old son can spot things in the illustrations as well as enjoying the story.

Can't recommend all three of these books (Supermarket Zoo and How to Grow a Dinosaur are the others) highly enough.

When is the next one out?!
on 17 April 2014
This one is an introduction to the idea of aliens for our four year old, who painted me a lovely black alien with orange and green splodges - I'm sure inspired by this lovely book. All 5 of the Albie stories so far are selected to be re-read time and time again.
on 26 August 2012
Our little one was already a huge fan of albie in how to grow a dinosaur. This book had joined it up there in the favourites pile! It follows a simar theme of writing, but is for those who like a familiar central character it works brilliantly.
on 25 January 2015
These books are great, colourful and amusing for my son to follow before bedtime and has proven to one of his favourite books out of the collection. Check out the others in the series too as they are all great.
on 29 March 2013
I originally bought Supermarket Zoo for my niece and she really liked it so bought this too. She absolutely loves it and it keeps her gripped with all the funny and strange goings on.
on 30 August 2013
Used with my year 1 class. We made alien word spelling tests, characters, alien food, etc. Very useful to get the children excited about reading non-words before the test.
on 25 October 2015
My boys aged four and two love going on adventures with the books main character Albie. Fun stories which spark imagination and hold interest till the end.
on 15 April 2014
My little boy loves all the Albie stories and this one doesn't disappoint. Just as imaginative as the others and a great read for young children.