5.0 out of 5 stars Be Patient
I had Silence pre-ordered with Amazon, but luckily my local supermarket had it on its shelves earlier than the release date. Is it wrong that I nearly jumped up and down on the spot with excitement when I saw it??!

Published on 4 Oct 2011 by JoJo

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK read
This series has been a kind of roller-coaster ride for me. I loved Hush, Hush and HATED Crescendo. But I'm happy to say that I kinda enjoyed reading Silence, flaws and all.

When I first picked up the book and saw that it had a prologue I groaned. Prologues are so useless. I didn't actually know who's P.O.V it was written from until the third page, it was just...
Published 21 months ago by W.S.Egal

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Patient, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)

For those who have read the first two books I can't stress enough that you MUST be patient when you start reading Silence. The first ten chapters or so feel very disconnected to those books and the interactions between Nora and Patch, and Nora and Vee are few and far between (for reasons you will know when you read the book).

However, it really is worth the wait, because once it gets going - it really gets going. I think this is by far the best book of the three. Although I love Becca Fitzpatrick's style of writing, there were flaws with Hush Hush and Crescendo I found really disappointing, but I loved this book as it just flowed from start to finish.

The ending is the best of all three books, and with a few inside jokes ('Naked, I know the drill') and finally getting to 'see' where Patch lives, you will be in Patch heaven.

The fourth book can not arrive quick enough....

4.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
I was lucky enough to recieve this book last week as i work in a bookshop and it did not disappoint. Noras character was extremley determind in this novel and the plot ws fantastic. In this book we find out that Nora after being kidnapped by her father (the black hand) has no memory of the past 5 months or Patch, she cannot remember nephilim or fallen angels which i found quite frustrating to begin with because as her memory returned i found myself basically re-reading information that i new from the previous 2 books. As the book progressed though, you will be glad to no that Patch appears and the connection between him and Nora is as strong as ever. I found the book the like the other 2 humourous where my favourite character Vee was involved and happy to see that i found out more about other characters such as her mother, Marcie ans Scott. I think this book has the best overall plot and there is a lot of action and twists throughout. Cannot wait until the next one... even if it is going to be a long one.
Hope you enjoy as much as i did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read... & well worth the wait!!!, 2 Oct 2011
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
I was so excited to have recieved this book and it certainly didn't disappoint! I was almost reduced to tears after learning what trauma Nora had been through during the months she was kidnapped. Her life will definatly be changed forever and still standing by her side the ever seductive Jev/Patch. Oh man, I felt every last kiss, whisper and intimate moment between them. Despite having a most obvious aura of danger and allusive-ness about Patch, I still couldn't help but feel the love intensifying between him and Nora. Not forgetting the light hearted moments from the other characters such as Vee and even Scott as he flirts with a most uninterested Nora. There was so much plot to this story I had to keep reading to know where the next road was going to lead. I honestly never saw any of this coming from start to finish.

Anyone who likes para-romance should most definatly give this is a shot. In my personal opinion, this story is ten-times better than Twilight and I consider myself a Twilight fan.

Thanks for an excellent read Becca!!!! (^_^)
Can't wait for the next installment!

5.0 out of 5 stars -silence-, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
<s> Silence was as bad as I was expecting </s>

So after reading CRESCENDO the second in the series of Hush Hush, my expectations for Silence had dropped dramatically. From what I made of the second book Fitzpatrick had done a poor job of imitating Meyers New Moon. However, Silence was a very enjoyable read, starting with action and curious going ons that had me gobbling up pages like a starved book worm.

In Silence Nora looses her memory, or rather has had it taken from her. For the first half of the book she is left not knowing anything after April -when she awakes it is September.- She has no idea who Patch is or even that she had met up with a childhood friend. That is until she meets Jev -aka Patch- and things start to clear in her mind.
You could easily skip the first two hundred pages to get to the point where she is back to normal and not miss too much plot, but why would you want to? With this book it is all up in arms from beginning to end and it would be a shame to miss it.

After Crescendo I had decided I didn't overly like Nora, she was in a sense very shallow and weak minded, this book gives her a backbone and some fighting edge. Yay!
However her friend Vee, you know the one who loves a good munch on junk food and flirting shamelessly with guys....yeah she has gone through a personality change, and not for the better I was glad she mas mostly kept out of the book likewise with Nora's mother who I found incredibly annoying from book one.

I missed Marcie though, nothing beats a good teenage bitch to perk up a story.

overall a enjoyable read, now for the FINALE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh. The best so far (Contains small spoilers), 10 May 2012
S. L. Jones "sally laramie" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
Silence focuses on Nora, who turns up in a grave yard after being held captive for months. She has no memory of this, and no memory of a few months previous to this. Nora is unable to accept that she won't know what happened to her and desperately tries to piece things together. Bit by bit her memory returns and so does her love for Patch, who even when erased from her memory, she can't seem to stay away from. Nora becomes a player in the Nephilim and Angel battle in this novel and because of this I believe this is the best instalment so far. In Hush Hush and Crescendo Nora is always a witness in the battles, who never adds nothing to them, but in Silence Nora knowingly gets herself into danger but is prepared for it and fights back. It's so refreshing to see a female lead, in the Young Adult genre, who doesn't just sit back and moan about her problems, like Bella in Twilight. The plot complex and there are several things going on at once and sometimes they overlap, this means that it's easy to get confused but also that it's so much more exciting than Hush Hush, which in comparison seems amateur and predictable. Silence is fast paced throughout and I couldn't put it out; Becca Fitzpatrick is close to mastering the skill of storytelling.

In Silence Patch is a lot gentler and likeable. Previously, I disliked Patch as a character. He was extremely arrogant, cold and often dismissed Nora, as though she has nothing of importance to say. I could never understand how Nora could like him and this, I believe, is a major flaw for a YA Fantasy. The love interest in a YA Fantasy needs to be desirable to everyone. It's okay if there are two love interests, like Gale and Peeta in Hunger Games or Edward and Jacob in Twilight, because if you don't like one, you can like the other, but be warned that they both need to have an equal shot at winning over the heroine otherwise there's no point in having both of them. In Silence the alternative love interest is Sean. I really like Sean and think he would be a much better boyfriend and companion to Nora than Patch, but unfortunately Nora doesn't like Sean as much as I do. In Young Adult novels it's important that if there are two love interests that they are there because they are genuinely two people that the main character cannot decide between, that way the reader has a chance to root for someone. Why would we bother rooting and caring about who the heroine picks if we already know who she'll choose? I haven't read the final instalment yet, Finale, but I think we all know Nora is ending up with Patch; I'd bet my life on it. And that's boring. I don't want to know who Nora will choose from the onset, I want there to be competition right up until the end.

Becca Fitzpatrick writes the theme of memory loss and trying to regain memory, in a fresh and interesting way. Never does the language seem clichéd, but instead it focuses on how she's living with the memory loss, rather than the memory loss itself. It was extremely frustrating, but effective, that I now knew all the information that was key to Nora making the right decisions. This made me feel like a part of the story as I had insight into the possible outcomes. The excitement came from how Nora would avoid the likely outcome rather than what the outcome would be.

Silence is exciting and adds something new to the YA Fantasy genre. The fact that the characters aren't just good and bad, but rounded, and we know more of what's happening than Nora, gives us as a reader more chance to figure things out and predict what's to come, when otherwise the lack of knowledge could have been boring. By the ending, Nora had grown from a fragile girl to a strong minded woman, who doesn't shy away from responsibility, and with the twist at the end of the book placing Patch and Nora on opposing sides, I look forward to reading Finale and finding out whether Nora chooses Patch or the survival of her race.

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it was the best one yet!, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
I am a twilight fan and wanted another paranormal romance to read. These series are not as good compared to twilight however they are a good series in their own right. I am a bit older than a teenager (im 22) for which they are for but i didnt feel i was too young for the series.
The books are quite dark and have violence in them however it has a light hearted side to them as well.
I wasn't overly keen on the second book in the series as I felt it lacked romance and was very dark.....This book however was the right balance of romance and action without being sloshy.
The first bit of the book Nora has lost her memory but it isnt annoying and it doesn't drag on, she figures things out very quickly and its a nice addition

If you enjoyed the rest of the series then you should defiantly get this one! Its action packed and explains all the mystery from the other two books. This isnt the last so its left on a bit of a cliff hanger but not an overly annoying one. (i find them annoying when they leave on a hanger and the next book isn't out)

If you find this review helpful please click "was this review helpful" underneath this review :)

5.0 out of 5 stars book 3!, 21 Oct 2011
carly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
book 3 in the Hush Hush Series!

well what can I say, for me this is the best in the series so far.

Nora has been kidnapped and released in a graveyard without any of her memories for the past 5 months, so no memories of patch!! The first section of the book goes over Nora relearning her memories until she gets a clearer picture. I dont want to give to much away, but she learns everything about her kidnapper 'The Black Hand' and decides she needs to be the one to bring him down with Jev/Patch's help.

Scott also comes back and tries to be flirty with Nora but there's only one guy for Nora & she sees Scott more like a friend. I was so glad to hear more from Vee she is a great character with attitude.

I was not expecting anything that happened in the ending of this book and it makes me itching for more, it opens up a whole different direction for the series. I really did enjoy this book and read it in a day as I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen.Anyone who has read the first two books this is a must read.

5 stars for me!

Great work Becca Fitzpatrick! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars can't wait for the next!, 3 Oct 2011
I was so excited for my copy to arrive and was so happy when it came that i read it all in a day! I was a bit frustrated that we were denied some patch & nora time for the first half of the book due to her memory loss but i was so glad when they finally came back. and for all partch&nora lovers theres plenty of nice moments for you to devour, as well as all our favourite humorous moments too!
I didn't know how the book was going to go but it just kept on twisting and turning and then with the big twist at the end i was so excited! so well done becca! and bring on the next one! I miss patch already!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 July 2014
Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Silence (Hush Hush) (Hardcover)
Loved this series - good book

Silence (Hush Hush)
Silence (Hush Hush) by Becca Fitzpatrick (Paperback - 7 Jun 2012)