5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously? Did this series have to end this way????
Originally reviewed on Serendipity Reviews.

Seriously? Did this series have to end this way????

Published 10 months ago by Serendipity Reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars awful
Awful
I can't believe he died...it ruined my day...the worst ending ever..they say you need to please your reader ..
Published 11 months ago by emma rasmussen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously? Did this series have to end this way????, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Defy the Stars (Paperback)
Originally reviewed on Serendipity Reviews.

Seriously? Did this series have to end this way????

My heart is broken, shattered into a million pieces and now stamped into tiny molecules by everyone who has walked past me – that’s how I feel after reaching the end of this series! I loved Flynn and River. I loved their tempestuous, explosive relationship. As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve known a Flynn in my past, so this series has always hit home with me. So the ending was a bit of a shock. The epilogue left me in tears.

I know, I shouldn’t be surprised, as the series has always been so closely linked to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. It was laid out for me, right from the start, and an undercurrent has weaved it’s way throughout the series. However, I still wasn’t prepared for the ending.

This has been one of the best YA contemporary romance series I have ever read. The intensity of the relationship between Flynn and River could be used to support a guide to dealing with teenage romance. These two were meant for each other, no matter how hard they tried to escape from it, destiny always drew them back to each other. Others saw it as destructive, I saw it as undying, eternal love. Sigh.

I want to return to the epilogue which I mentioned above. There was something about it that made me wonder if the author had experienced a relationship similar to this in her past. Perhaps it is the journey that River’s life takes in the following years that gave me the idea. I have always believed that to write about something so passionately, you have to have experienced it to some degree.

I do have a little niggle about this book. The cover. That isn’t Flynn on it! How do I know this? Flynn has dark, longish hair. If you don’t believe me, read on.

His dark hair was slicked back, the ends lost against the collar of the dark suit.

See? It has always been long and dark. That was something I loved about him. He had that dark, mysterious, traveller feel about him. He didn’t have his head shaved. Sorry to moan about this one. *whines in a school girl voice* But I wanted him to look like the Flynn I had always imagined.

Anyway, enough about the cover. This book was a fitting ending to the series. Not the ending I would have liked and I am not sure I can forgive Sophie McKenzie for that just yet. But I understand why the series ended that way. *grumbles*

I really hope Sophie McKenzie writes more contemporary romance because she is extremely good at it. She writes about real romance, giving it the raw, gritty, honest emotions that actually surround it and doesn’t sugar coat it. A series I will be recommending for years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaker, 20 Jan 2014
Felt the first half of the book was a bit rushed, but overall it was truly amazing. Great way to finish off such a heartwarming series. Recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Defy the stars, kindle version, 10 April 2014
The book was excellent and i really enjoyed and it fulfilled everything i wanted it to be.
However there were some words that changed, and i don't know if it was because it was on the app on my phone or what. eg chatting was changed to 'charting', but overall brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Defy the stars, 29 Dec 2014
I really liked this series but I was rather upset when Flynn was murdered. I would of liked to have seen more of Flynn and River and the intensity of their love. The books ending is extremely sad and I wanted to cry. I was really intrigued by the language used in this series in particular series. Sophie McKenzie is an amazing author and I really hope to hear more from her, I have read this book many times and I am going to continue reading this book over and over again, I recommended this series to my best friend and she loved it. She was also upset by the pain of River and Flynns romantic life. This book was in someway not as good as the other book in this series. But much more exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST YETT, 13 Mar 2014
wow, I have just finished this book at 11:40 and I haven't stopped reading for at least 2 hours! this is book just makes you want to keep on turning the pages! It's one of the best I have ever read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 April 2014
I loved this book, it was the best in the series, and I loved them all, this was amazing, it was filled with so much emotion, one of the best books i've read. brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars thrilling and heart wrenching - a must read!, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Defy the Stars (Paperback)
This book was brilliant, for anyone who would have read this without the previous stories its brilliant but it was a thrilling and heart wrenching conclusion to those who have followed River and Flynn's story from beginning to end.
Sophie writes in a way that draws you into these characters and their lives, sh is able to take you on a journey with these characters and by the end its like you know them personally, i couldn't put this book down!!

Again finally a brilliant conclusion to an amazing series of books... well worth a read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars omg, 12 April 2014
Amazing! Really good book, I read this in 3 days and would definitely recommend it to anybody who loves reading romantic yet real life stories x

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 5 April 2014
A really enjoyable read. I found that I connected well with the characters in the book and enjoyed the writer's style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spine-chilling, 29 May 2014
The most incredible book ever. Made my heart fill with joy and content. So much emotion was put into this book and it really shows! Definitely worth it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Defy the Stars
Defy the Stars by Sophie McKenzie (Paperback - 2 Jan 2014)