5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent resource!
This is the best book on case studies I've used to date. Am a PhD student in the UK and have been on the lookout for a very good guide ... this is it!
Published on 3 Jun. 2012 by RT13345

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I needed
Not quite what I wanted, when I read the title and looked at the bio. I did find it useful though
Published 11 months ago by avid reader

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent resource!, 3 Jun. 2012
This review is from: How to do your Case Study: A Guide for Students and Researchers (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Mar. 2011
Frances Hynd (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book has been a godsend, literally. It has really helped shape my thinking and clarify many points that I was unsure about in regards to writing a case study. Easy to read, with plain, common sense language which debunks much of the jargon around doing qualitative research. Would highly recommend to anyone entering into this domain of study.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY recommended, 21 Jan. 2012
So many research books seem to depend on their impenetrability for being taken seriously, but this one is written with good humour and is so accessible it has kept me hooked throughout. I don't often read text books cover to cover but I am addicted to this one and it is seriously helping me with my thinking. I initially borrowed this book from the library but I have now bought my own copy - it is too useful not to have on hand all the time.

Thomas has done an excellent job with this book and I am sure if you read it you will agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanatstic, 20 Nov. 2012
I was very happy with the speed of delivery, I ordered it Friday evening and it arrived on Monday. I have only flicked through the book so far but it seems very informative. It seems very readable but then I really like Thomas' style of writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful book, 3 Feb. 2014
What I like about the book is that, in addition to giving practical advice on designing a case study, it also provided very sound arguments in favour of qualitative research methods as well as a critical approach to quantitative methods.

5.0 out of 5 stars accessible but not lightweight: an excellent balance, 7 Feb. 2011
Sara (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Gary Thomas has done it again. After the enormously useful "How to do your Research Project" comes this equally accessible and informative book on case study aimed at university students and researchers. Beginning with the basics, including "What is and is not a case?", Thomas leads the reader through every stage in the process, raising issues for consideration as he goes along through questioning the reader in an engaging way. Illustrative, carefully chosen examples of authentic case studies are peppered throughout; particularly helpful too is the final, succinct message section in each chapter "If you take only one thing from this chapter, take this..." In sum this is a practical and appealing book that any researcher considering a case study approach would do well to peruse, and I'll be strongly recommending it to our Masters students here at University of Cambridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 25 July 2011
This is a must read for anyone planning to do case study research at any level. Written in a very simple and understandable language.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 8 Nov. 2014
Exaclty waht I needed to kick start me on my OU case report. Really useful reference

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I needed, 8 Mar. 2014

How to do your Case Study: A Guide for Students and Researchers
How to do your Case Study: A Guide for Students and Researchers by Gary Thomas (Paperback - 14 Dec. 2010)