5.0 out of 5 stars Forest School for All - Sarah Knight, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Forest School for All (Paperback)
I bought this book as a resource to help me gain more information about teaching the Forest School ethos to my college students, both in the classroom and on their early years placements. I also hoped it would contain enough information to ignite my dream of setting up my own business and enable me to use my recent purchase of woodland (which I purchased after researching the benefits of Forest Schools for a lesson to college students)with my family.
This book certainly lived up to my expectations! It is divided into different chapters each written by someone who has experienced leading Early years,SEN and teenagers/adults all of which interest me professionally and personally.
This is exactly what I wanted to read about! I could read case studies and form my own opinions from these experiences covering all ages that I personally come into contact with. (Early years placements and FE students ranging from level 1 - 3).
I quickly realised that I was reading something that completely supported my own thinking but up until recently had not given it a title or direction......
I have only just finished the book after reading it from cover to cover this weekend while camping in a field with my children.. so will need time to process some of my thoughts.. but feel mixed emotions as although I understand the benefits I may need to persuade my colleaques to realise that nature can support nurture...
For me it was like coming home and I agree with the statement on the back cover "..will be enthused and inspired by this book"....It worked for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful overview, 13 July 2013
J. Barr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forest School for All (Paperback)
Really informative look at lots of different aspects of Forest School. Some inspiring examples of good practice & encourages reflection. Would have been 5 stars but for the fact that one or two chapters weren't as well written/thought out as all the rest.
Definitely worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book, 12 Jan 2014
Susan Drewitt (Yeovil, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forest School for All (Paperback)
If your taking part in forest school training this is a must buy book full of helpful information to help with coursework.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Forest School for All (Paperback)
An excellent book, just what I needed for my qualification. Added to my knowledge and easy to read.I would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sep 2014
very good book

Forest School for All
Forest School for All by Sara Knight (Paperback - 12 May 2011)