5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Painting Canada: Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven (Paperback)
I'd not heard about the group of 7 till my tutor mentioned them. Then I managed to get to the London exhibition this year. Absolutely blown away by their story and their art. The book's illustrations are particularly noteworthy and I suspect this is a book that will be on and off the shelf very, very often. It's a real coffee table book for art lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent examples of the artists' work with beautifully produced colour plates, 21 Feb. 2013
Mary Atherton (Manchester. UK) - See all my reviews
A really good selection of Tom Thomson's work and that of the Group of seven. Good layout -their paintings are presented with a picture on one side and a description on the other. High quality reproductions of the paintings.The introduction in the book gives the background of this group and also details the mystery of Thomson's tragic death. In the space of 3 years he painted prolifically. The landscape of Canada is beautifully presented through the artist's eyes. I wanted to know more about Tom Thomson's work in particular as I didn't know much about it or the Group of Seven. This book manages to capture the essence of their work and gives us a glimpse into their lives. Having "tasted" these examples I am left wanting to see the originals. I would recommend it to anyone who loves painting landscapes, as I do, or who is just interested in paintings of landscapes by the Group of Seven. They are inspirational!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 16 May 2013
Despite being very pleased with the book I chose 4 stars rather than 5 because I happened to see an exhibition of the Canadian Impressionists in London a year ago and experienced the absolutely beautiful colours of the large paintings. So one star less in my ratings is only based on the quality of the colour reproduction. This is not to say that the overall quality of the book is in question. As I have said I was very pleased with the book. The text is very informative and would be a valuable addition to any library/collection of art books for both artists and students alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 26 Nov. 2012
A superb book , full of excellent colour photos of these wonderful artists' work. If you don't know them - have a look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect coffee table book, 18 Oct. 2013
A beautiful book, full of the picturs we saw whilst on holiday in Toronto, and others. It is beautifully presented and quite a large book so the plates are of a reasonable size. My only gripe is that I would have liked even more pictures. Good, informative writing. The seller I used provided a pristine copy aswell.

Painting Canada: Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven
Painting Canada: Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven by Ian A. C. Dejardin (Paperback - 13 Jun. 2012)
Used & New from: £70.00