5.0 out of 5 stars Learn from John's mistakes...
I need to qualify right from the start that I'm in no way, shape or form a golfer!

Published 10 months ago by Paul B Webb

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the videos
Great book giving some very good advice. Only let down by the videos it refers to not being available
Published 6 months ago by Agisalfisti

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn from John's mistakes..., 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: 50 Greatest Golf Tips: Make That Dream Round a Reality (Paperback)

I probably have played 5 rounds of golf in the last dozen years or so which to me as I write this is very strange because I really like the game! I watch the majors & Ryder Cup with all an incredible amount of enjoyment & passion. When I have played it's been done with a huge smile on my face even though my scoring has been er, erratic to say the least!

Golf is a game that I keep saying 'I will challenge myself to play regularly with more skill' then do nothing about...

However, for the last couple of months I have found myself starting to look at golf tips books & magazines in a bid to start me on the path. The one thing that immediately jumped out at me was how contradictory they were. I mean, where do I start.

Then I came across John Richardson's 50 Greatest Golf Tips. I vaguely remember reading John's book 'Dream On' a few years ago & really enjoyed it so I took the plunge & picked up a copy.

As a golf tips book it really tries to simplify this wonderfully complex game (that's a good thing, especially for me!) But I found myself relating even more to the tips in a business & life kind of way.

It's fantastic to read not only the tips but John's inspirations & real life stories behind them.

I thoroughly recommend this book to those interested in improving their game & those who enjoy a fascinating & wonderfully written book!

Paul Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Golf Advice - No More Dreams, Make It A Reality!, 8 July 2014
A. Brown "Andy Brown" (UK) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:32 Mins

I made this video review following a fantastic few hours reading John Richardson's latest book.

I thoroughly enjoyed his first book "Dream On" 'Dream On': One Hacker's Challenge to Break Par in a Year and eagerly awaited this book - I wasn't disappointed.

It's great to get an insight into the actual tips that enabled John to break par in a year. I'm convinced, like me, you will benefit from all his words of wisdom and find yourself eagerly wanting to apply them to your own game.

Definitely a 5 star book, have fun reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Golf Book, 17 April 2015
I read John's first golf book "Dream On" (which is fantastic by the way) and it really got me back into golf.

This book the 50 Greatest Golf Tips is a brilliant companion to improving your game, from the mental side, pre shot routine, practice tips and course management.

If you want to improve your game and want to use your practice time more efficiently, and let's face it we all lead busy lives. Then buy it.

I was your classic "boom" driver hacker and now I'm a confident 15 handicapper. But really the big difference for me is that it has made the game of golf more enjoyable. You don't have to trawl through War and Peace to improve your game, take a few tips, work on them, feel more confident when you walk up to the first tee.

Top Job!

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Dream On' in practice!, 28 Mar. 2015
Not in the same league as 'Dream On', but then the intention is wholly different; Richardson's somewhat zany fingerprints are all over this book and he has clearly researched it thoroughly and plumbed the depth of his own 'challenge'. Any readers wanting to improve their golf will find plenty of useful tips here, but will need to be selective and not accept every bit of advice - something which the author himself admits. Entertaining and very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with tips that is easy to use, 17 Nov. 2014
Great book with tips that is easy to use. I recommend to study all the tips and then work on 4-5 of them. (Those that will lower your score the most.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite keeper for anyone who enjoys golf., 23 Oct. 2014
I bought this book for two reasons: initially because I so thoroughly enjoyed the author's first book, 'Dream On' and also because as someone who enjoys playing golf, I am aware there is a lot of scope for my game to improve.

I found the book not only informative and beautifully accessible but so well written that it was really quite a chore to put down. Having read it, I still dip in and out of it on occasion. A great read, informative and a definite keeper. Will certainly be making my Christmas list!

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting as you know he can duff it just like us!, 29 Dec. 2014
Taking the advice on board.....interesting as you know he can duff it just like us !

5.0 out of 5 stars recommend it to all golfers, 20 Oct. 2014
I read the book ,and it's true, recommend it to all golfers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Sept. 2014
A very good book, lots of very usefull tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars delivery excellent., 5 Mar. 2015
Does the job, delivery excellent.

50 Greatest Golf Tips: Make That Dream Round a Reality
50 Greatest Golf Tips: Make That Dream Round a Reality by John Richardson (Paperback - 5 Jun. 2014)