5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
Well worth reading I grew up in the area and remember the bread van and this book brought back happy childhood memories ....... keep writing Tony looking forward to you next book as I've enjoyed the last two so much well done
Published 21 months ago by liz mcclean

3.0 out of 5 stars BreaDBOY
Quite a good follow up to The Paper Boy, some funny parts, but nowhere nearly as good as his previous book.
Published 13 months ago by Robbie Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars More buns than bombs or bullets, 25 Mar 2013
A great follow up to Paperboy. An accurate portrayal of life in 1970's Belfast, growing up as a young boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Breadboy: Teenage Kicks and Tatey Bread - What Paperboy Did Next (Paperback)
Pre ordered this book from amazon hoping to get it on the day of publication. The delivery was delayed so i cancelled it and bought it from waterstones in coleraine as i couldn't wait! Great read very funny book about growing up in Belfast. I laughed out loud while reading it. I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars still a good read!, 20 Oct 2013
Loved the first book and was very pleasantly surprised to find this sequel. Just a fun read from cover to cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!!, 4 Oct 2013
Laugh out loud Belfast humour, this book is overflowing with it! As a veteran of the Westy disco I loved it and found myself reading parts of it to my husband. Brought back many happy memories and a few sad ones too. It gives a great insight to growing up in Belfast in the 70's. Looking forward to what happened next.

5.0 out of 5 stars All grown up.. not quite, 18 Mar 2013
P. Watson "Paul" (Coleraine, UK) - See all my reviews
I got the book at the launch in easons Belfast (sorry Amazon) A great sequel to the paper boy, documenting the next two years of Tony's not on the CV jobs. He has progressed in is career to being a bread boy working on the last Ormo mini van delivering bread around the Shankhill.

Again it highlights the "normalities" of growing up where you starting noticing girls, tryng to get a girl, spots, shaving or nearly shaving and trying to find you own identity in 1970s Belfast with shooting and bombs.

Best line was "You can't be ginger and wee and a bee gee". One point I would say was, no one knew who Luke Skywalker's father was until 1980 when Empire Strikes back came out. (Pedantic Pat).

Overall great book and well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable sequel, 16 Mar 2013
Nice one Tony. We've been waiting patiently for breadboy and it was worth the wait! If you enjoyed Paperboy you will certainly enjoy what the "Westy"crew done next! Laugh out loud moments or cringe worthy situations(and we've all been there!) The tears rolled down my cheeks. Having spent many hours with the author at YMCA Greenhill I can only say thank goodness the kids we had there didn't know about your first visit !!
Full of good old NI humour yet reminding us of how far we've come on this wee island of ours Breadboy is a must read -especially for the younger generation who thankfully and hopefully will never experience the "troubles" we lived through .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable sequel, 16 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminder of home, 25 April 2014
If you are from Northern Ireland you will enjoy this book great read and reminds you of home so well written you could almost be there

5.0 out of 5 stars Neil I a, 15 April 2014
Brilliant (so it was)!!!!!!So well told..Marvellous and typically Belfast life and humour, I have read two books now by this author and enjoyed them both so much and can highly recommend them.

Breadboy: Teenage Kicks and Tatey Bread - What Paperboy Did Next
Breadboy: Teenage Kicks and Tatey Bread - What Paperboy Did Next by Tony Macaulay (Paperback - 14 Mar 2013)