5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Guide into new ventures
Published on 23 Oct. 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
not as interesting or helpful as I'd hoped
Published 2 months ago by Mrs Makinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Guide into new ventures, 23 Oct. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Machine Embroidery (Beginner's guide to series) (Paperback)
If you've never tried machine embroidery before you will after reading this! This is a very inspirational little book with just the right dosages for beginners. My mistake was taking it on holiday to just have a "moutch". Unfortunately my sewing machine stayed at home and my fingers had to stay itchy until I got back. I read this book cover to cover and was amazed by the easy to follow instructions. If you are a beginner this is the book for you. I don't think that you will be disappointed with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Add Some Pizzazz, 24 Mar. 2009
Sew Crazy "Adele" (Pendle, NW England) - See all my reviews
New to machine embroidery, I chose the Beginner's Guide. It proved to be a good choice for me. The book, which is very well laid out with full colour photographs throughout, concentrates on adding texture to fabric or hand-made paper, card stock etc. with fabric paint, couched threads, even metal foil. Instructions for using different machine feet are included but it is stressed in the introduction that a basic machine with straight and zig-zag capability will suffice especially if the feed dogs can be covered or 'dropped'. A comprehensive quide with lots of techniques.

4.0 out of 5 stars craftywend, 12 July 2010
I needed a book to inspire and teach me to use my Janome machine to it's best embrodery wise. This book has clear instructions/illustrations in simple language. Good quality paper, great value all round.

4.0 out of 5 stars guide to machine enbroidery, 23 Oct. 2010
Mrs. S. Wheeldon (France) - See all my reviews
This book gives good basic information for anyone wishing to make use of their sewing machine by enjoying machine embroidery. Pictures, description and advice is clear and relevant. It is particularly useful for those who have good basic sewing machines but who do not have access to embroidery computer programmes etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginners guide, 3 April 2012
The instructions and pictures are very easy to follow and really inspired me to have a go. I was amazed to see that I had everything I needed to have fun and play - which I have been doing ever since. I'm even branching out and being more adventurous! So if you're like me, you have what you need, sewing machine, threads, water soluble film etc., but never had the courage to dip your toe this is the book for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect beginners guide, 6 Nov. 2012
Jo Bennie (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book takes you through the seeming complexities of machine embroidery, through the bewildering world of threads, sewing machine feet and surfaces with step by step projects. It enables the reader to learn how to play and create with the full creative potential of the most ordinary sewing machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars new to machine embroidery, 15 Jan. 2012
Thought this was a great book for those of us new to machine embroidery / embellishing. There are some really good ideas to get you started and it's ideas I am short on. I am eager to try quite a few of them. I have found the book easy to follow though you do need a little basic knowledge about using sewing machines obviously. Well worth buying

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a gift, 29 Nov. 2012
The person I bought this for absolutely loved it and thought it was brilliant in content, I have not given this book 5 stars as I did not realise it was such a slim volume. I felt a bit disapointed when it arrived as I had expected something a little more weighty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginners guide, 16 July 2013
Very good book for anyone starting out with machine and textile work. If you want a resource book with all the basics and mor,e this is a place to start

4.0 out of 5 stars beginner's guide, 29 Nov. 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a great little book for all budding machine embroidery enthusiasts. It has everything the beginner needs to know and enough to get you experimenting and progressing your work. This book briefly includes working with soluble fibres and bondaweb. Shows you how to use a variety of materials and even paper and wire. Concise and useful. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Beginner's Guide to Machine Embroidery (Beginner's guide to series)
Used & New from: £3.97