4.0 out of 5 stars getting knotted
Published on 12 April 2004 by Denyse Whitehouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right for me but passed it on.
Some projects complicated but with a bit of practice it would make things easier. Good reference book. Good colour throughout
Published on 24 Nov. 2012 by June

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars getting knotted, 12 April 2004
Denyse Whitehouse "Sparkle Jewels" (HEATHFIELD, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
Being a keen beader, I thought I'd like to try something a bit different and this book on chinese knotted jewellry captured my imagination from the first time I opened it. Initially, not using wires and threads seemed a bit daunting, but by practising on a spare piece of cord several of the knots shown before I attempted any of the wonderfully detailed pieces, gave me the confidence to go out and buy the cord, beads and other bits and just have a go and see what I could make. Already I'm itching to try more than just the basic knots, but experience has taught me that I'll give up on a new craft If I don't fully understand the basics. This book gives you all the basics and more, progressively moving onto more complex knots and suggesting ways of using them in more adventurous pieces. To be recommended to beginners and the more experienced alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent beginners book, 4 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
This book has very clear diagrams & explanations for tying 14 types of knot, with step by step instructions for jewellery using these knots. The colour pictures show the featured projects & many other variations to inspire you to design your own items. It will keep you busy for many happy hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, 31 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
This is a wonderfull book. Very detailled, many photos, everything is very well organized. It has also many kinds of knots, all of them presented step by step. Very Very good!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 14 Dec. 2005
Carmen Maidment "CarmenJean" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
If I could, I would have given this book 10 stars! The knots are wonderfully detailed, and with pictures to guide you, all that is then needed is a little practice. If you want to start knotting, this should be your first book. I make a lot of jewellery, and this book is my inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars chinese knots for beaded jewellery, 18 Mar. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
Chinese Knots for Beaded JewelleryThis book is not only about technique it is an inspiration, both to professional and amateur craft jewellers, I found it very useful, as nearly all of the knots could be translated, not only into different cord sizes,but, thin ribbon or suedette cord, coloured leather 'shoelace', or even, with a little care, soft wire, which can be used to make incredible pieces, which are widely admired by all who have seen them I would recommend this , and its companion volume Celtic knots for beaded jewellery as a resource for any jeweller of whatever standard

5.0 out of 5 stars Knotty but nice., 23 Sept. 2009
Kerry (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
What a wonderful book! It has really clear, good quality colour photos of the finished pieces and also of the various stages of making the knots. The explanations are fairly straightforward and easy to follow and there is also a good variety of things to make and all of them very wearable, but be warned this is highly addictive stuff!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 April 2007
D. Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
This book will have you knotting for weeks!

The projects are lovely with impressive results. I hadn't made jewellery for years and fancied trying something new. The explanations, diagrams and photos are high quality and as a result easy to follow. I recommend this book to anyone with similar interests. (I don't normally write reviews but felt compelled to do so about this book and the Celtic knots in the same series).

4.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 29 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
At last a book that is, for me, easy to follow. Beautiful pictures and clear diagrams. A book to enjoy, read and play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 26 April 2010
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
A nice book with good pictures and diagrams, so easy to follow. Good for the more experienced and beginner alike

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery (Paperback)
This book was bought for me as a gift and I have to say i've enjoyed it, its really helpful and I would recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery
Chinese Knots for Beaded Jewellery by Suzen Millodot (Paperback - Feb. 2003)