on 31 May 2013
I'd just landed a great job teaching gardening & garden crafts to primary & reception and although I had years of landscaping experience, veg growing was another thing, and I was a bit worried. however this is the bible for anyone setting up a gardening club or similar. It's soooooooooo great, packed with week by week planning, growing tips best varieties, anecdotes of what went well and, importantly what went wrong which made me realise it's ok to fail and all part of learning. Thank you Dominic, I'm sure you've given many people confidence to have a go. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experiences.
on 18 February 2013
I read the book in one sitting. i found it informative with invaluable tips about how to set up a school garden and how to work around the school calender.The advice that the author gave was fantastic and to have the benefits of his experience in a book is great.
on 20 January 2013
I bought three books before setting up a school gardening club. By far this was the most helpful. All in plain English with really constructive help about terms, timings, getting things started, easy things to grow, problems, keeping interest etc etc etc. Can't recommend this highly enough.
on 12 April 2011
The Playground Potting Shed: A Foolproof Guide to Gardening with Children
I'm thoroughly enjoying reading this book - it is so on the ball with the types of problems you encounter when running a school gardening club and the solutions are very welcome. You feel like you really know this author and he clearly is very knowledgeable about the topic. It's really down to earth advice and very comforting!

A great buy and in excellent condition. Thanks
on 28 February 2015
Great wee book at a great price . Condition like new. Just need to put into practice now!
on 19 November 2014
brilliant wee book which I have passed on to local primary school teachers.
on 19 November 2014