4.0 out of 5 stars Much harder than in the paper

4.0 out of 5 stars Much harder than in the paper, 21 Aug 2009
Ian Shine (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Guardian Crosswords: Quick Two (Paperback)
There's not much to say about a crossword book really. It's full of crosswords, much in the style of those found in the G2, and all the answers are in the back. But, the level of the crosswords seems to be much higher than that found in the G2 on a weekday. While I normally complete two or three a week in the paper, I didn't complete a crossword from this book until I got to number 43, which was a little frustrating. However, I suppose this means I can keep going back to old crosswords and the book will last longer than an easier crossword book.
In terms of practicality, the book is strong, doesn't bend or crease easily, and the paper is easy to write on.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little hard, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Guardian Crosswords: Quick Two (Paperback)
I bought this book for my mother who does the Guardian quick crossword every day so it seemed the ideal Christmas stocking filler. However she has hardly touched it as it is just that bit too difficult for her and does not seem to reflect the quick crosswords printed in the daily paper. In this case I would therefore say the book was a little disappointing and has been left on the bookshelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars what it says, 27 Oct 2011
Helen Falconer "goldfish" (Aylesbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Guardian Crosswords: Quick Two (Paperback)
This arrived quickly and is exactly what you would expect - a selection of concise crosswords in a similar style to the ones in the Guardian paper.

2.0 out of 5 stars GUARDIAN CROSSWORDS QUICK 2, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Guardian Crosswords: Quick Two (Paperback)
FRANKLY I DON'T HAVE THE MIND FOR "CRYPTIC" CLUES CONSEQUENTLY I ALWAYS BUY "QUICK" CROSSWORDS. I WASN'T AT ALL AMUSED TO COME ACROSS "CRYPTIC ONLY" CLUES AT PAGE 126 OF VOLUME 2 OF GUARDIAN "QUICK" CROSSWORDS,. THERE WAS NO MENTION OF IT ON THE COVER. I HAVE REALLY STRUGGLED BUT THAT PART OF THE BOOK IS WASTED ON ME AND I AM NOW OUT OF A BOOK AND I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

Guardian Crosswords: Quick Two
Guardian Crosswords: Quick Two by Hugh Stephenson (Paperback - 11 July 2008)
5.24