5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd read this when we were starting out, 10 July 2008
This review is from: The Playground Potting Shed: A Foolproof Guide to Gardening with Children (Paperback)
The Playground Potting Shed is an extremely accessible read. The author shares what he's learned (often the hard way) and the joys of getting involved in school life via the gardening with children route. Interspersed with the author's tale charting his club's progress is lots of practical information about how to actually grow, care for and harvest crops successfully within the limitations imposed by the school year and timetable. There are also lots of suggestions provided for activities to help children learn while gardening. I would recommend it for anyone trying to set up a school gardening club from scratch - I wish I'd had this when we started out(I'm a parent governor who helped set up a garden club in an inner city primary school). Having said that I'm sure anyone interested in gardening with children or already involved in a similar project would find it an enjoyable and stimulating read.

5.0 out of 5 stars school gardening, 13 Feb 2009
I run a school garden club and found this book really interesting and helpful . It's author ran a garden club for younger children than my secondry school lot but alot of the info relates to any age and there are some great ideas and hints .

4.0 out of 5 stars Gardening tips - for a school garden, 29 Jun 2010
I purchased this book as our school had just built some raised beds and a huge poly tunnel, so wanted to know what and how to grow vegetables and plants - vegetables that would need to be harvested during term time. A great book with lots of ideas. I have made lots of notes. A good read for the keen gardener - at school.

The Playground Potting Shed: A Foolproof Guide to Gardening with Children