on 27 April 2010
I had a copy of this several years ago which got lost in a house move and I was delighted to see it on here.

The book was second hand and was not in as good a condition as I had been lead to believe it was by the seller but it is perfectly fine.

It goes through England, Wales and Northern Ireland and picks up recipes from each. The book gives background information on the localities and their farming specialisims with recipes following. There are lots of photgraphs of the finished product included. Numerous illustrations as well. This would make a great gift for someone new to this country or a student leaving home for the first time. The recipes vary in complexity.

This book is wonderful. Straight forward, practical, realistic and the recipes work. The cider cake is so easy its untrue and tastes gorgeous. Given that it is the Diary Book it should follow that the recipes are based on British farming but not just Diary Farming ie there is a section on james and preserves.

Well worth the money.
on 11 August 2011
This is a real hidden gem. Produced back in the early 80's by the Milk Marketing Board who were later disbanded. Lovely sections on each area of Britain and so well written you're there in the balmy sunshine of Kent, or the cutting wind of the Highlands. Then good recipes and beautiful foodie photos as well. I bought a copy years ago for my mum and used to pur over it when visiting her. I hunted for it when, sadly, she died recently but no sign of it. Then here it is on Amazon available once again. I did splash out on a new one just to remind me of mum. It was in good condition.
on 1 January 2014
have been looking for this book for a while so nice to find it and in such good condition wish they would make them again.
on 24 May 2016
Bought for my daughter so that she didn't make off with our copy when she left home! My wife has had hers for years and says it is one of the best books she has. It is in excellent condition for a 2nd hand book with all pages intact. So much so that we have bought others which are the same as ones we have to ensure that she doesn't sneak off with those too :).
on 11 September 2010
I bought a copy of this book from my milkman when it was first published in 1988.It came highly recommended by his wife,an enthusiastic cook.I used it constantly until recently when my son, who lives in South America, took it home with him to impress his Colombian friends. Sadly milkmen don't deliver to the door any longer so I had to buy this one from AMAZON!
on 14 April 2015
I love this book. I had it years ago and when I saw it in the second hand area I thought I would buy it again. It never fails to disappoint. So many quality recipes to try including some really good vegetarian ones for my veggie friends. Bit disappointed that the book had a big dent in it even though it was supposed to be in very good condition.
on 2 September 2013
Just added this book to my collection, this is the 4th dairy book I have purchased and I am not disappointed.
Very clear and easy to follow recipes and lots of choice.
I am a big fan of the dairy book collection. Brilliant
on 12 November 2011
I have this cookbook, so bought one for my Son. It has loads of good recipes in it and I find it invaluable. My Son has already used it several times and is pleased with it.
on 26 May 2013
I had this book years ago and lost it in one of our many moves, I think it was probably the first cook book with a little more exotic feel to it.
on 3 May 2013
It's as good as it can be , being second hand.I have original copies and, possible, future son in law wanted them for his birthday Thank you.