on 3 November 2009
Great book - horse anatomy is quite complicated and this helps break it down and you can gain a better understanding as you study by colouring in so it helps you remember things better. I have other horse anatomy books which are extremely technical and difficult to follow unless you are already a qualified vet, but this I found was very helpful and should be considered by anyone studying horses or who is just simply interested in understanding the horse anatomy further.
on 9 June 2011
This book is great for identifying the location of the anatomy and physiology of the horse. It does not really explain the processes or how thing work but it is a great way to identify what is what. This is excellent for revision and is quick and easy refresher.

The main downside to this book is that it is on shiny paper and so you have to use pen to colour it in as pencil does not work, but that is not a huge problem. It is a good size but you do need to colour one side and read labelling on the other. I only mention this because it is in landscape so takes up a bit of space.

The other good thing about this book is that it shows you points from different views so you get a better idea of exactly where it would be on a real horse. Overall I am really glad I purchased this book.
on 17 January 2012
Brillient! all pictures are clearly labelled. You will know where every part of a horse is. It is a book of pictures and labelling it's not a "chatty book" I bought it for myself,as a beginner rider. During lesson or when helping around the stables - The horsey people refer to all the horse parts and I had no clue. This book is like a school text/study book - it is designed to teach parts of the body. so impressed I now buy it as a present.
General horse books don't give you half as much info as this book.
on 20 September 2011
Excellent learning tool, I'm a sculptor and this book has helped me to understand the muscular anatomy of the horse more, especially as it included a couple of (small but important) views that are in between the usual front and side angles.

The contents inculde the usual front and side views, additional view from the top and some close-up views of the joints. Also includes details of the muscles and ligaments on the inside legs.

If you're an artist looking to imporove your anatomy this is a very handy book, the colouring in aspect, I believe will be even more educational however I've not gone down that road yet as I don't want to draw on the book. I'm not sure what pens/pencils you'd use though as the pages are quite glossy.

If you're a horse owner, this is a very good book to have around as it clearly shows you which muscles are which and where the organs are and I would imagine if you have a horse in pain you'll need that info fast.

Definitely worth adding to your reference material, especially if you're just starting out as it is very simple to read and understand, but also if you're more advanced again because of the simplicity - it's very easy to get bogged down in wordy books when you've been studying a while, this one is nicely laid out, a good size, stiff enough to hold in a stand and spiral bound so it lays flat and the pages fold round nicely.
on 16 January 2012
Very detailed and useful for education purposes.

The left pages have numbers and words which apply to illustrations on the pages on the right. This way, revision with another person is facilitated (the person helping can see the numbers and labels while the person studying can only see illustrations).

While this is a coloring book, I found the glossy paper it is printed on makes coloring a little hard as some color pencils don't show up well.

Altogether though a good buy which I use regularly in my Equine Management degree studies.
on 4 September 2013
I rated this a 5 star as was recommended to get it by a couple of other people who have taken an equine massage therapy course and have found this book to be invaluable, having looked through it, I have found it very insightful in helping you recognise the anatomy and physiology of the horse. I recommend this book to anyone who is taking a course in Equine Husbandry, Equine Science, Equine Massage Therapy, well worth the price.
on 18 February 2013
its so easy to learn to observe the anatomy of the horse with this, I just sit in the viewing platform and colour in as i mentally take note of each part- really insightfull
on 4 September 2013
Very detailed with excellent diagrams which are easy to interpret and understand. Very helpful for veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing students
on 26 February 2015
Excellent book! I am a Veterinary Physiotherapy student and for functional anatomy of the horse this book is brilliant as it is very clear and concise. Would 100% recommend to any veterinary students or anyone that wishes to learn more about the anatomy of the horse. It is also much cheaper than in the shops (RRP £16.99). Compared to other Veterinary anatomy books I have purchased that have been £50+ this has lots of information and is great value for the price. Received quickly too. Highly recommend!
on 8 October 2015
Fantastic Work Book... easy to follow ... excellent diagrams, super fast delivery... no smoking company & smells brand new, Love this work book as the Equine Horse anatomy can be quite hard to follow but because of the neat diagrams In this book makes them so much easier to remember & you get lots of fun colouring them In...definitely a must have for students studying Equine Exams :)