1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the best., 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hebrews (Tyndale New Testament Commentaries) (Paperback)
I've been using this as I have been preaching through Hebrews recently in our evening services and it is certainly proving to be very helpful. Although I've always found that Tyndale series to be very good technically I often find them a little bit lacking and dry when it comes to being practically easy to read, or having a flowing narrative (a bit of a weakness where this Pastor is concerned) but interestingly enough that is not a criticism I would level here. So as a commentary this is proving to be very helpful and also in the Tyndale tradition it scores highly on the technical side with its useful insight into the translation of the text which deals with any difficulties that may be encountered. This is certainly one of the commentaries that I am finding that I get the most out of in both information and also sparking my thinking where the text is concerned, hence helping me to get a lot more out of it and also, hopefully helping my congregation to do the same as I preach it!

Hebrews (Tyndale New Testament Commentaries)
Hebrews (Tyndale New Testament Commentaries) by Donald Guthrie (Paperback - 1 Aug 1983)
Used & New from: £0.01