5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Study Tool
Very well put together study by Stott with a lot of indepth insights into the book of Acts
This is a very good study tool as well as an enhancement to personal devotions.
Published 25 days ago by Paul

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for the non academic - like me!
Published 22 months ago by Batman's Revenge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Study Tool, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Message of Acts: To the Ends of the Earth: With Study Guide (The Bible Speaks Today) (Paperback)
This is a very good study tool as well as an enhancement to personal devotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Jan. 2014
Many thanks for the book and very helpful in read about acts and learning what's in all about too 😊

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for the non academic - like me!, 22 Mar. 2013
I have to say that I have been a fan of John Stott for many years but this commentary turned out to be too heavy for me. It seems old fashioned in its approach and not particularly relevant to the culture of today. I needed a commentary on Acts to use when leading a small house group attached to a very new church. My idea was to see how the early church behaved and what caused that church to grow exponentially from the outset. In short I needed many practical tips and advice.
I have no doubt that somewhere in John Stott's commentary I could have found what I was looking for, but certainly it was not easily accessible. Maybe I was put off by the use of a very old fashioned font, I don't know. The cover of the book is very attractive and inviting, but the appearance and nature of the content is not.
I returned the book for a full refund.