4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of a let down!
Published 9 months ago by Ecobag

1.0 out of 5 stars Immensely disappointing
Published 15 months ago by DrB

1.0 out of 5 stars Immensely disappointing, 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hudson's Historic Houses & Gardens, Castles and Heritage Sites 2014 (Paperback)
We used to buy Hudson's several years ago and it was always excellent, providing comprehensive coverage of all the main properties across the whole country. It was an invaluable source of information, especially on holidays. Having just moved to e new part of the country, we bought it again for the first time in several years, but the 2014 edition is a huge disappointment. The first half dozen (major) properties I tried to look up were all missing. There are only proper details for 12 properties across the whole of Wiltshire, and fifteen for the whole of Cornwall. What used to be an outstanding publication, in a class of its own, has become a sad waste of money. This is such a shame...

2.0 out of 5 stars What used to be a great book gets less and less, 21 Mar. 2014
MR MARK W HOYES (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews
I've been buying this book for quite a few years now and have considered it invaluable in finding places of interest to visit on our trips, unfortunately however, particularly over the last couple of years the number of properties it contains appears to be getting less and less, culminating in this year's purchase which is very disappointing. We have consigned it to the bookshelf and now use The National Trust, English Heritage and HHA free apps. Will not be buying again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Houses featured, 13 Mar. 2014
The Guide tends to concentrate more on corporate openings than general opening to the public.
There are many properties that are open to the public that are not included in the guide

3.0 out of 5 stars Just acceptable, 12 April 2014
We have the 2004edition. It is much better. There are more houses and gardens described in detail. This is much less useful. I'm glad we kept the older one for comparison

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of a let down!, 31 July 2014
Beautiful book - glossy and glamorous. But - for anyone who is thinking of buying this book - I did not find it as good as past editions - one or two properties omitted that should have been included (National Trust) - and when I checked previous editions, they were included. So I felt let down by my shiny new book! We still have the old ones - thank goodness - we might need them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hudson for 2014, 29 April 2014
This edition did not live upto previous ones, it not include as many properties open to the public, and instead has added a number of churches looked after by the churches conservation trust. the book itself is much slimmer.
I now think that this size is not worth the price!
Had I known I would have kept last years and not bought this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book with details of hundreds of Houses, 12 Sept. 2014
Excellent book with details of hundreds of Houses, Gardens and Museums throughout Britain.
A very useful accompaniment for our membership of both the National Trust for Scotland and the Historic Houses Association.
It enables us to do some homework as we plan numerous trips away in our touring caravan to all corners of Britain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 July 2014
This is an amazing book, so full of information for a Historic house addict.
I use it for reference when I am reading historic novels, as so many of the places are mentioned.
it's wonderful to look at the places these famous people lived in.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slimmed down version, 16 Oct. 2014
G. M. Young - See all my reviews
I was disappointed that the National Trust Properties were not included except as a list without details. The beauty of Hudsons was its complete listing of properties which was useful if you were not members of those societies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with content, 22 July 2014
Disappointed with content. Didn't seem to be as much info as in previous edition which this one replaced .Have retained the old one and using it together bwith new edition.

Hudson's Historic Houses & Gardens, Castles and Heritage Sites 2014
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available