5.0 out of 5 stars a VERY GOOD BOOK
Lent to me by an old veteran of the Korean war, I was surprised how interesting the book was. A first hand account of the defence of 'The Hook' by the Duke of Wellington's brigade, of which Eddie was a young enlisted soldier.
Published 22 months ago by Mr. Jerome Brown

Published 9 days ago by RJD

5.0 out of 5 stars a VERY GOOD BOOK, 29 July 2013
Mr. Jerome Brown "Old Salt" (Marske , Cleveland , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fortune Favours the Brave: The Commonwealth Brigade in the Korea War (Hardcover)

1.0 out of 5 stars I would love to know what these people who wrote glowing reports ..., 21 May 2015
AS a Vet (Shining Seventh) serving at the time this book is about, I would love to know what these people who wrote glowing reports about this book are taking. It is an entertaining book in reality not factual, but perhaps we lived in a parallel existence. I could list a list of faults but I have not the time or inclination. I would add that I am not saying that the Dukes did not go through it but it takes away from them with the errors in the book
Try TO THE LAST ROUND if you wish to know about the Korean war

4.0 out of 5 stars importnt- recod british involvment in korea, 29 Dec. 2005
this book is important as british involvment in the korean was has become virtually forgotton. the text itself is easy to read and offerss a glimpse into the life of british infantry during the korean war

5.0 out of 5 stars Fortune Favours the Brave, 26 Jan. 2009
I purchased this book because of family involvement and to carry out research, my late father was a sergeant major with the Duke of Wellington's Regiment in Korea. It gives a brief insight on the Korean conflict.

Books like this are all the more important when regiments are amalgamating and some are loosing their identity. The Dukes are now known as the 3rd Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book. As an ex 'Duke' and the Son ..., 26 July 2014
Great Book. As an ex 'Duke' and the Son of one who was on the 'Hook' it explained things well and put all I new of the Battle into perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good long read, 22 Mar. 2015
achum (derby england) - See all my reviews
For one who was there I found this book quite accurate and the description of Kure very close to how I found it. A good long read.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... agift for a freind he says it is a good, 22 Feb. 2015
got this as agift for a freind he says it is a good read

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Sept. 2014
Excellent book on a largely forgotten conflict

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Mar. 2015
i was a gift and well read

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 28 Jan. 2014
Good book for students of military history and a useful reference book on the Korean War and the part played by Commonwealth forces

Fortune Favours the Brave: The Commonwealth Brigade in the Korea War