I gather that there is a new version of this called 'Deadly Secrets' which has even more information - possibly (from the title) as more information has become available about various Z Force operations which had been restricted until recently.
Published 10 months ago by stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars I have only read the first two chapters but........
Published on 31 Mar. 2007 by Military Man

1.0 out of 5 stars I have only read the first two chapters but........, 31 Mar. 2007
This review is from: The Heroes Of Rimau : " Unravelling The Mystery Of One Of World War II's Most Daring Raids " : (Hardcover)
I have only read the first two chapters but feel that I must make some sort of comment regarding this book. I do intend to give an overall rating once I have finished but so far I have not been impressed by Silvers tone. I found myself checking to see who had actually written this book as I was so frustrated by the blatant anti-British sentiment that I felt sure it must have come from a Japanese author!

Whilst not wishing to play down the role of the brave Australians defending the Island of Singapore, she makes out that these guys were all 7ft well muscled warriors and the English spineless, spindly cowards. Silver is Australian by the way - not surprisingly.

Obviously there were massive mistakes made by everyone involved at a senior level with the entire Singapore debacle, but Silver is scathing in her criticism of everyone involved (unless they are Australian of course), including and especially Winston Churchill - recently voted by us in the UK as the Greatest Briton of all Time!

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it.....

I only hope that the rest of the book pays homage to the brave men featured as a result of the painstaking research by Tom Hall, and not as a platform for Lynette Silvers most unwelcome anti-British agenda.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best researched book on the subject in e-book format, 28 Aug. 2014
Knowing this in no way spoiled the book for me - although I knew the basics of the story, the new details revealed here made this an even more compelling read!
Roll on 'Deadly Secrets' as an e-book!

Used & New from: £9.67