1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars always: the gospel according to Jesus, 7 Oct 2010
J. DOUGLAS "Johnny Douglas" (Nr London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Gospel According to Jesus: A Faith That Restores All Things (Hardcover)
True Christianity is about restoring what is broken. Despite this there is so much misunderstanding, so many add-ons, so much baggage. Against the backdrop of God's restoration comes Chris Seay's offering of the life and light that Jesus brings.

Chris Seay, seeks to always nurture a Christianity that moves beyond the pew. His writing spurs his readers toward a great love of Jesus and a life that echoes that love to the world. The Gospel According To Jesus is a book the speaks to this thought. This work asks, Is the Gospel and Christianity that we know the true Gospel and Christianity that Jesus taught?

The Gospel According To Jesus is one of the best and most challenging books I've read this year. I'm hear a consistent cry from many church leaders, as I feel the Holy Spirit speaking deep to me as well, that we've lost our first love. We know what it means to ascribe to "Christianity", but little about what it means to truly love Jesus and to follow Him. Chris challenges us to question our motives. He believes we've become off-centred. We've begun to see a rise in social justice helps and the social gospel because we want to feel good about ourselves rather than being a part of those things because we love Christ. I'm honestly having a hard time putting everything this book has to offer into the correct words.

Go read it. Apply it. Live it.

The Gospel According to Jesus: A Faith That Restores All Things