Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 April 2012
Simple. Insightful. Life changing.

What a masterpiece! You will definitely have to take your time reading this book, not because it's a slow reader but because it will invite you into a journey exploring stories about Abraham, Judah, Rahab, Jonah, Levi, Nicodemus, the thief on the cross and more to illustrate God's grace. Andy Stanley invites you to find God's grace in the most unlikely and sometimes obscure circumstances. This book you will show you that God, through his amazing grace, provides you with a label of his own: Forgiven. Accepted. Loved.

I highly recommend this book to those who want to understand more about the grace of God and also to those who have to teach on the word. Andy travels through the Bible right from the beginning showing God's grace from Genesis to the Gospels. It's a fascinating and insightful study on a subject that can very often be difficult to understand and to teach.

At the end of this book you will even find that you have a better understanding of why God responded the way He did in many of the Old Testament stories.
on 11 October 2012
I thought I was already onto a winner when Book Sneeze offered to send me free books in return for reviewing them, then the first book arrived.

The Grace of God is one of the few books I have felt compelled to re-read immediately after finishing the last page.

If I'm honest I don't think I could write a review that would do justice to Andy Stanley's book. The way Andy Stanley writes is very engaging and helps you to consider things you would never have done before. For instance the way he unpacks grace in the first few chapters of the Old Testament brought a whole new perspective to me. I liked the way each chapter unpacked a single theme which helped me to identify the most important concepts, this way of exploring a concept left me riveted .

Sometimes we think we understand a concept so well we don' t want to read more about it, this book proves this sentiment to be misguided. Andy guides you through the bible highlighting the how God has always been demonstrating his grace culminating in Jesus.

As the foreword states Andy Stanley truly does apply a wide angled lens to grace and the results are amazing to read.
on 2 November 2013
This book by Andy Stanley is a great book on the subject of Gods Grace ,it covers a lot of ground,but recognises that the Grace of God ( Unmerited favour) has always been there for us,from the very begining,maybe obscure at times as it traces through history and time.but noteable manifest in the person of Jesus and his finished work on the cross,Jesus came full of Grace and truth ,John i v 17
We all us as born believers need to get hold of the message of Gods grace and when we do we shall find our lives being transformed by the gospel of Grace,rather than trying to please God through legalistic requirements, well worth a read..
on 25 July 2012
This book is best I've read, concerning God and who he really is. I'm so blessed to know God will love me regardless of what I do. His loving kindness is according to His standard not my fluctuating behaviour.
on 1 June 2015
Wonderful book which reflects God's grace from the begin to the end.
on 9 June 2016
An interesting perspective - from an American viewpoint
on 6 December 2014
Gives an excellent overview!
on 24 June 2014
God's grace made clear, it's yours today! Good illustrations, happy to recommend this read to everyone, church goer or not.