5.0 out of 5 stars Fearless by Max Lucado
Published on 13 Sep 2009 by J. KEEL

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
I was expecting more of a in 'your face stop being fearful approach'. Could have expanded the writing on other biblical stories of people who are fearful and called to step out.
Published 10 months ago by rock the rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Fearless by Max Lucado, 13 Sep 2009
J. KEEL - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fearless (Paperback)
Fearless is extremely relevant for these times as it seeks to address the concept of fear and its many manifestations in life. This book addresses some of the common fears one might face and upon pinpointing these seeks to apply scriptural principles in order that one might fear less. Max Lucado pinpoints areas of fear that we all cross and through stories and scripture seeks to encourage the reader to live a life of faith, not fear.

It's not often that a book comes along that seems so timely, that makes you laugh, cry and think to the level that you make life changing choices. For me Fearless was such a book. Lucado's style is easy to read and very applicable to everyday life. Each chapter is like a short sermon with anecdotes and stories culminating in a lesson from scripture. This is a book I have and will continue to recommend to others as it has really made an impact on how I think about fear in my life. One of the greatest parts of this book is that I put it down thinking "Why on earth do I fear"

You may know your fear, you may not, but, I am convinced that everyone will take something away from this book to help enhance their faith and take steps to overcome their fears, a brilliant book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, recommended, 31 Jan 2011
Engaging, interesting and very well written.

Max opens door you might like to take a walk through and explore. Superbly written. It's a treat to read whether you are (or aren't) a Christian.

Full of wisdom and humanity. Unlike many Christian writers, Max Lucado offers food for thought, no guilt trip, no surreptitious sales pitch, no wholier than though nonsense.

Reading the book, Max comes accros as one of those unusual breed of Christians you'd probably enjoy introducing to your friends.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars This book really makes you think!!, 1 April 2011
I have found this book amazing. It is challenging and at the same time very comforting. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars With God you can be Fearless..., 14 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fearless (Paperback)
Absolutely fantastic book for Christians and those seeking as well. Don't be put off by the Christian author it really is a must read for any faiths and non.

Fearless

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, 13 July 2014
I love the way this book is written. I laughed and at times I had to stop and be challenged. we all can have fears at times and Jesus knew that. He is the comforter and I am blessed to have been found by Him many years ago. I still have fears but God has not finished with me yet. I am still learning to trust Him. thank you Max Lucado for an excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 10 July 2014
Briony (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
GREAT BOOK DEALS WITH SO MANY ISSUES

5.0 out of 5 stars Fearless, 8 Feb 2014
Max Lucado is a great author. This is a great book worth the read, it keeps me from wanting to read more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 2 Feb 2014
Enjoyable read. Inspirational. This book opens the mind of the reader to think positive and rely on the Lord for help

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fearless (Paperback)
I bought it for myself and read the 1st few chapters; then my daughter grabbed it and I haven't seen it since. What I did read was really good. Another gem fro Max.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read without delay, 15 Oct 2013
Posh Oz (London via Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fearless (Paperback)
I started reading this book when life was going swimmingly. Just a few months later, my family and I were faced with what could have been a very scary future. This book has truly helped in the easy style of writing, when you can't process theology bricks, but can manage a sense of humour and very wise, sound words.
We truly have nothing to fear when we come before our saviour, and this book guides you in a way that is manageable and humorous at the same time.
I've bought this as gifts for many friends, as it's had such a significant impact on the way I now live. Sounds corny, but this book truly has the power to change your life

Fearless
Fearless by Max Lucado (Paperback - 8 Sep 2009)
7.13