4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is for Real
This e-book was provided to me for free courtesy of the BookSneeze programme.

I have to say that I wasn't sure whether I was going to like Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. It's the story of Burpo's son's visions of heaven in the context of a life-threatening episode of appendicitis when he was only four years old. And I wasn't sure I was...
Published on 20 Jan. 2012 by The Art of Steering

2.0 out of 5 stars Haven only for Christians?
I didn't like the book. I read it after Proof of Haven by Eben Alexander, and it didn't touch my heart like the Eben's story. You have to be a die hard orthodox Christian to believe in what the book describes. Deep in my soul I just did not trust it.

God sits on the throne with Jesus on the right and Gabriel on the left? Really? God is actually a Trinity? And...
Published 2 months ago by hamptoncherry

‹ Previous | 1 2 353 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Txhis book is astounding and authentic - a "must read", 6 Aug. 2013
Elizabeth S. Wells (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back (Paperback)
This book is truly a "Must Read". I read it in one sitting - admitedly speed reading parts. But I gave a very careful reading to everything which directly related to the context and content of this little boy's experience of heaven. The authenticating factors for me, was the fact that what he experienced was directly in line with Scripture, and the fact that he was too young to have such depth of knowledge of the Bible. Our faith does not rest on experience, but reading this will encourage and deepen faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 16 Mar. 2014
P. Sides "Feline happy" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
Brill for anyone wanting reassurance of Heaven's reality but especially comforting for anyone who has lost a child through miscarriage or stillbirth - this little boy relates in one chapter how he met his other sister during his short trip to Heaven, who had 'died when in their mummy's tummy'; his mum had had a miscarriage before he was born and didn't know whether it would have been a boy or girl so his parents found it very comforting to hear they had another daughter waiting to meet them in Heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will bless and challenge those who never considered after life., 29 Nov. 2014
Ms. js allen (England) - See all my reviews
This book is beautiful and moving. Witten by the father of the boy, he shares the insights his son reveals about being in heaven. I'm British, and to be honest, the first chapter or two grip you, then you have to trawl through a good half of the book with some annoying American-isms, the drama and the long winded detail. But please get past all of this. I was so desperate to read what the boy saw, rather than what the dad experienced but it's worth the wait. Although I do appreciate what he went through, he is clearly painting a picture. However, the second half of the book is breath taking. I read the book in the space of 2-3 days (in between work). As a Christian, I found Colton (the boy's name) to talk about things I've never really considered (what does happen if you miscarry? Or relatives that he never knew? Or what heaven looks like). It's touching. I shed the odd tear and was reminded at the beautiful grace and love Jesus has for us. I thoroughly believe that regardless of your faith or lack of faith, this book with challenge your conceptions and ideas of the afterlife, whether one exists, and of God. If you get this book, please don't keep it to yourself. I think this is a fantastic opportunity for us to share Christ with others in a medium which is non threatening.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 11 April 2014
I actually found this book to be really boring. I think it could have been told in probably 5 pages.

The father spends too much time talking about himself, his own life and abilities as a pastor.

I feel like he is using his son as a means to become a popular pastor.

And trust me I am a practicing believing Christian.

There is too much hollywoodised over dramatic american silly vocabulary in this book.

I wouldn't say what happened to the son is a lie though. I think it is very possible that it happened. However I am skeptical of the father's motives. Expecially as a sequel came out totally centred around the father as a pastor.

5.0 out of 5 stars The eye opener, 25 April 2014
This book, makes me want know more. It clarifies some question that needed answers. I read it and the Holy Spirit tells me is TURE. Knowing that I worship a true living God. Who knows everything and Never turns His Back on us.

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING, 14 July 2013
A book that will challenge, surprise, melt your heart and make you cry. I was very sceptical when I first read this book, but there are parts within it that have given me such reassurance and comfort, as well as amazing me with it's simple truth, that I am more relaxed and comfortable in the family of faith to which we all called to feel at home in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven Is For Real:, 29 Jan. 2014
A very close friend of mine introduced this book to me for a few reasons. One being that my beautiful sister had a baby born sleeping.
This is a book that once you open it you cannot put it down. But I am a slow reader and glad of the fact as it was my treat to read every night before retiring to my bed. Such a joy to read. I have always believed in God Our Dear Lord but have to say that after reading up on Colton has to be the best book on the universe that I have read and ever likely to read.
It is a truly an amazing story which gave my and my sister an Insight into Heaven and gave my sister peace of mind to know that her baby waits there for her and is been taken care of until she enters Heaven one day. I have told many people regards this beautiful worth while reading book. Everyone should have one! I wouldn't part with mine to share I want to read it again so I sent one to my sister in the post.

kind regards

Patricia

IN A Word This Book Is Awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars The love Todd feels for his wife and children is evident ..., 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Hardcover)
I must admit for as long as I can remember I have been on the fence about the existence of God and Heaven and was deservedly skeptical about reading 'Heaven is for Real' which was given as a Christmas gift to my mother by her father. I was however curious and thought I'd give it a quick glance. I quick glance I did not give. I read the whole book cover to cover in a matter of hours. The love Todd feels for his wife and children is evident from the very first page. I felt truly connected to this man that I did not know from Adam. I lit up with joy over the unadulterated innocence of his young son, Colton, grieved when all hope seemed lost, and caught my breath at the sheer beauty of Colton's retelling of his brief journey to Heaven and the people that he encountered on the way.

I'm not going to say that the book has changed my views completely, but I will say that it has opened my eyes in a big way and has made me rethink what I have come to believe for so very long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is for real, 27 Jun. 2014
Beautiful heartfelt heavenly book I couldn't leave it until I finished it GREAT BOOK! I got great comfort from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't confuse this book with the one by Alex Malarkey, 23 Mar. 2015
Fisherman "dog'n'goose" (KETTERING, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
DO NOT CONFUSE THIS BOOK WITH ALEX MALARKEY'S BOOK - "The boy who came back from heaven". Alex has admitted his book was made up, and it has now been withdrawn. He knew little about God and Christ at 6, but now, 10 years later, he does, and wants to put things right, and says "people should read the Bible". Colton Burpo has affirmed that THIS BOOK "Heaven is for Real" is TRUE, and really happened. It's a great book, and has blessed many people. He writes "I stand by my story found in my book "Heaven is for Real". I still remember my experience in Heaven. I want to keep telling people about my experience because it has given hope to so many people. People may have their doubts about my story, but the thing is, I wasn't coaxed into doing this. In fact, I started sharing my story with my friends and people in our town way before there was a book called "Heaven is for Real". The film is also very good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 353 | Next ›