Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: HardcoverChange

on 26 August 2010
After reading literally hundreds of books this last year or so on Christian Leadership and Christianity in general, I found this book to be clear, sharp and 'on the money'. Making Jesus the main thing is the unashamed emphasis of this book, its not about anything else but that, no new techniques or mantras.
The book uses an ancient devotional tone which I liked and filters a wide range of scholarly material into an easy read typesett.
one thing that did 'hit' me was the quote on p138. "Beware you be not swallowed up in books: an ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge" by john wesley.
apt for this book and for bookworms like me, advice taken!.
thankyou Len Sweet and Frank Viola for a timely reminder to whats it all about, Jesus.
thanks also to Thomas nelson for daring to publish it.
on 30 July 2010
This book should be read by every Christian, non-Christian and everyone in between. The authors deliver Jesus in His humanity, Supremecy and as someone you want to be with all the time. I am so excited about this book because it answers questions that people have been asking for years and have been fobbed off by their Church leaders. In fact, if Church leaders read this book and acted on it,,,,the whole Church would change into an organic, dynamic living body with Christ at the head and people clamouring to get in. Thank you so much Frank Viola and Leonard Sweet for being so obdeient, thought-provoking and for having the desire to see people move forward in their relationship with Jesus.

I do not but forward theological arguments or intellectual interpretations because a living relationship with Jesus needs none of that.
on 9 June 2012
The whole thrust of the book is to make the reality of Christ alive to the reader. Not in an academic or orthodox way, but trying to get behind pre-conceptions and encourage a re-commitment to the Christ who is in love with each one of us. It made me re-asses my own faith.
VINE VOICEon 8 June 2010
Over the history of Christianity we have made the gospel more about so many things and positions and less about Christ. We have placed religious doctrines, ideas concepts, and techniques outside and above an understanding of who Christ is in our lives. We can speak the Christian talk, we know how to play the game, but there is often very little we offer........ In the light of this, The Jesus Manifesto moves us to answer the question Jesus asked of Peter, "Who do you say I am?"

Sweet and Viola do a good job writing a very accessible book that is firmly rooted in scripture. Jesus has always been supreme and sovereign, but sometimes we need to be reminded of that. The core concept of the book can be summed up in one sentence: Christianity is not a religion but a Christ-centered relationship. Despite generalizations, there is a energy and unceasing confidence in the core truth of the orthodox faith, once revealed...... and for us to know! We tend to get off track easily, chasing after the things of God instead of God Himself and The Jesus Manifesto gently but firmly reminds us where our affections need to lie.

It has a big-title and a brave-goal,..... and with a beasty-subtitle of a book as "Restoring the supremacy and sovereignty of Jesus Christ", there is lots for Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola to deliver on! The Jesus offered in this book, is a Jesus that is real, touchable and connective. A Jesus that moves beyond the "church" definition and moves to a place where the Holy Spirit moves in us and through us. The Jesus Manifesto moves us beyond the church, and into Christ.

This book seeks to engage our social media age, and is delivered with the characteristic research-rich Leonard Sweet qualities of multiple (and thankfully bearable!) font types, boxed threads, and side quotes. I read hungrily through this, beautifully constructed book! Refreshing and insightful! Yes, a four star journey!!

So, the question is now for you, "Who do you say Jesus is?"
on 18 July 2012
Jesus Manifesto was recommended to me as possibly the most inspiring understanding of who Jesus is. Having read it once and starting a second time I can say that if anything it is even more inspiring than that.

It reminds us so powerfully to fix our eyes upon Jesus, to look full at His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow srangely dim in the light of HIS GLORY AND GRACE

on 13 October 2010
i genuinely believe this to be the best book that i have ever read (except the bible). it has revolutionized my life, leadership and activity. I am unable to recommend this book highly enough!!
on 12 December 2013
Viola and Sweet at their best. Uplifts and challenges. My friend and I have spent many hours discussing am
Nd sharing what God has taught us through this book. Centres on Jesus and His exalted position in Creation and in our lives.
on 14 January 2014
Really good book that takes us back to the centrality of Jesus in a understandable way. It gives us a sober assessment for what we do with our lives and how we value Christ.
on 15 November 2013
If I could have written one book in my life this would be that book. For all who love the Lord Jesus, read this book and see Him with fresh eyes
on 14 February 2014
Very insightful and informative book. A must read for every christian. Would purchase as a gift for friends birthdays etc