5.0 out of 5 stars Psalm 23 explored, 25 Mar 2004
Larry Hehn "Christian in the Rough" (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
Psalm 23 is probably one of the most familiar Bible passages, right up there with John 3:16. "The Lord is my shepherd..." Perhaps it is too familiar. Have we become so accustomed to hearing it that we have forgotten the wonderful promise it contains?
Traveling Light is a verse-by-verse exploration of Psalm 23, brought to life by comparing us to travelers weighed down with excess spiritual baggage. Each chapter identifies a different burden that we may be carrying in our life: flawed views of God, self-reliance, discontent, weariness, worry, hopelessness, guilt, arrogance, facing death, grief, fear, loneliness, shame, disappointment, envy, doubt and the longing for heaven.
This walk through the 23rd Psalm reminds and encourages us to take God at His word and release those burdens to Him. As usual, Lucado supports his material with plenty of scripture, sharp analogies and just the right amount of humor. For added impact, be sure to work through the study guide at the end of the book. Then get ready to lose some luggage.
Larry Hehn, author of Get the Prize: Nine Keys for a Life of Victory

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, understandable, REFRESHING......, 6 Dec 2003
O. Shaw (SURREY, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
......... What else can you ask for in a book!!
A most enjoybale book at a much needed time. Psalm 23 a psalm known by millions, but Max Lucado breaks it down and brings it back to life again. Written in an easy and understandable way, Max Lucando is one of the best Christian Authors of Present times.
This book was leant to me by a friend to read when things were hard and the burdens i was carrying were to much to bear.
I could not put the book down and completed it in a week.
The more i read the more i wanted to continue. Max Lucado brought out so many truths about the Lord as our King and shepheard, how he is there to carry our burdens, and how we need to learn to give our burdens to God, and travel light.
Psalm 23 will never mean the same to me again as now i have read this book it has been so refreshing and the most well known Psalm of all time now has a new and life changing meaning to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A spell- binding read! Truly memorable!, 16 May 2002
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
I have not enjoyed a book like this in ages. Once picked up it is impossible to put down! The message that Max Lucado brings is scriptually sound and gives great encouragement and hope. If anyone is going through a difficult time ,then this is the book for them.You will never read the 23rd Psalm in the same way again! Pure brilliance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Travelling Light, 8 Aug 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
Max Lucado brings God's love and grace to life as he helps unpack the burdens of living using Psalm 23. Every chapter is relevant, regardless of where you are in your walk with God, and the last paragraph of the final burden will make you cry... with joy. Simple, effective, beautiful.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book for any of us who need to leave our luggage behind, 9 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
As with so many of his books Max Lucado has written a readable and inspiring work, which helps us to lay aside the daily baggage of life most of us take for granted.
His exploration of Psalm 23 is fresh and well matched to the topic, with no sense of him 'twisting' scripture to fit his arguments.
I like the way Lucado identifies the different types of luggage we tend to carry with us through the day, and the detailed study guide at the end makes this both a practical and potentially life-changing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!, 3 Nov 2003
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
Definitely my favourite Lucado book, well worth the read.
Max breaks Psalm 23 into specific verses and uses Scripture and personal stories to explain God's promises. Each chapter tackes a different issue such as guilt, fear, loneliness, worry and hopelessness and where to find answers to such issues in the Word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes Psalm 23 as a theme, 20 Dec 2001
Z. Folkes (cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
Being a keen reader of Max Lucado's books, I bought this one. Max has a wonderful sense of humour and puts things very simply. At the same time drawing out some wonderful illustrations. I found this book extra special as it answered some of the "why" questions which had been worrying me over the last few months. Is a book that would be enjoyed by both young and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Traveling Light: Releasing the Burdens You Were Never Intended to Bear (Paperback)
I am currently reading this book and like all of Max's books its filled with humour accompanied by the truths of Psalm 23. As always I want to read the book from cover to cover as its both entertaining and enlightening, I'm learning new truths about the ways in which God cares for his people. Max explains the Psalm and makes me think - why didn't I see that? Can't recommend highly enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 22 May 2009
It is a great and worthwhile read, you will see things in a whole new way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read!, 19 Nov 2013
Highly recommended if you want to learn more about and understand the 23rd Psalm and how you can relate it to today's life. Comforting and uplifting.

Traveling Light: Releasing the Burdens You Were Never Intended to Bear