5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant introduction, 28 Jun 2011
Very good introduction to the field, has become by Bible whilst writing my Thesis, and helped me throughout my Undergraduate studies

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more detailed than the second edition, 13 May 2013
R. Bird (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduction to Polymers, Third Edition (Paperback)
The second edition of this was vital to my undergradutate degree and helped greatly in my understanding of various polymer synthesis and analysis techniques. I bought the third edition just before writing my PhD thesis and boy am I glad I did. Off the top of my head I'm not sure just how long it is, but it's prob in the region of twice the size of the previous edition. Many of the processes have been radically updated (if you'll pardon the pun). Not to mention the inclusion of some detailed chemical routes and derivations for commonly used equations that helped me greatly.

For anyone of degree level or higher involved with polymer chemistry I'd say this is a vital buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have item for starter polymerist, 7 April 2011
Nice introduction for starter chemist, easy and comprehensible. I read more this book than the famous polymer bible of G.ODIAN.

Introduction to Polymers, Third Edition
Introduction to Polymers, Third Edition by Peter A. Lovell (Paperback - 13 July 2011)
Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks