4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but...
This is a superb book, Kevin's images are historic in their value. To those of us that were living in Manchester at the time - priceless! But, whoever the designer is that put the spread together with the iconic picture of the band on the bridge, should be shot! Across a double page spread the band get lost in the binding gutter. Feckwit!
Published on 27 Jan. 2011 by fritzybaby

3.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR EDITORIAL ISSUES
I've only briefly browsed the book, but please tell me what song did Joy Division write called 'Infinity' as per the Jay McInererney foreword on page 03??? Surely this must be Insight, poor effort seeing as the lyrics are listed!
Published 24 months ago by MISS M

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but..., 27 Jan. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasured Images, 12 April 2011
L. Eddowes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joy Division (Hardcover)
This monograph provides a marvellous selection of band and related images. From early days through to classic shots in wintry central Manchester, the photographs evoke the sound of the band more than words can. Quirky memories such as tickets to Gorton gigs show how bands start and the text shows how they can end.

3.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR EDITORIAL ISSUES, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Joy Division (Hardcover)
I was also aware of the 'iconic bridge photo' from a previous reviewer before I purchased, but it really is c**p, I've had to really bend the binding back to see the band who are in the centre of the photo ie in the binding. I can't imagine how gutted I would've felt if I'd paid full whack for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Joy Revision, 22 Feb. 2011
What a brilliant book!
It captures the moments of what was, and thoughts of what can be, with imagry of what is.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loved this book, 10 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Joy Division (Hardcover)
The book arrived just before Christmas due to the snow and backlog. My husband loved it and I was relieved.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 9 Jan. 2011
Hemel (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joy Division (Hardcover)
A must for any Joy Division fan. I heard Kevin Cummings on Radio 6 and bought the book straight away - wonderfully captures the teenage angst in B&W

Joy Division
Joy Division by Bernard Sumner (Hardcover - 1 Oct. 2010)