Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 March 2012
This is a really beautiful book. It takes the form of a scrapbook but very artistically laid out.
It is also over-sized allowing for more appreciation to the photos. There are a couple of interesting essays along with lots of comments by Ms. Roitfeld scattered throughout the book. The overall binding of the book is also stylish.
Highly recommended for fans of fashion and fine photography, also makes a really cool coffee-table book.
on 11 March 2012
I browsed this huge book in Selfridges before deciding to order it cheaper on amazon now so I can own it.
I enjoyed every page. This woman surprised me as I browsed the book I also found out she was behind some of my favourite Nadja Auermann's and Kate Moss, Christy etc shoots from the 1990's. I used to collect pages and pages of shoots with my favorite models as a teenager and god forbid Carinne even then showed her magic but yet was unknown to me.
Now as a 33 year old woman, I can fully appreciate the work behind every photoshoot and their esthetic, and this book is an amazing journey into Vogue and other fabulous magazines she was part of.

Now, where am I going to store this book is another question, It probably is 5 kilos or more and bigger than any book I own. But well, wherever it is, it will be treasured. The soft and supple format allows for comfortable browsing / reading, whilst it is stored safely in a hard as a rock case.
VINE VOICEon 22 December 2014
If you have read the little black Chanel/ rotfield/ book- this takes the information on to a new level- beautifully illustrated large and heavy format book if CR is your passion you will love it- has a slip jacket to keep it in great shape too- excellent.
on 26 April 2014
Beautiful book! Amazing quality and pictures. A favourite! I really liked to read it and to look at the pictures, found it very interesting.
on 7 April 2014
Thought provoking and inspiring. Well worth the asking price. Will be using the images to provide inspiration for my own shoots.
on 18 March 2015