4.0 out of 5 stars Some things I liked, some things I didn't.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:34 Mins
I was interested in her earlier work, the huge canvases of herself on display in the Saatchi gallery as well as 'Strategy' and 'Juncture' etc. Unfortunately these were smaller on the page than necessary, but the quality of the images were excellent. I found this the most disappointing. Saville's work is about large scale, so why did the...
Published on 2 Dec. 2009 by Victoria

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated - but overdone
The book opens with two short essays and a reprint from The Independent, January 30 1994, which is a statement by the artist about her work and her approach; in addition there is an interview with Jenny Saville, May 2005, in which she further describes her approach to painting. The book includes a Biography and a Bibliography. Of the text by far the more interesting are...
Published on 16 April 2008 by Benjamin

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
Mrs. K. Knowles (Birmingham England -Great Britain) - See all my reviews
lovely book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Artist - Excellent Book, 11 Feb. 2013
P. Leay "Pete Leay" (Merseyside, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jenny Saville (Hardcover)
Printed on good quality paper, this book gives you an insight in to her working process as well as reproducing some of her work. A good buy!

The original one star rating was a complete oversight & obviously at odds with my review. Apologies to anyone offended or bemused by this contradiction.

1.0 out of 5 stars Jenny Saville book, 24 Sept. 2009
P. M. Hyland (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jenny Saville (Hardcover)
i purchased this book primarily to study the paint application, however i found the majority of the images too disturbing and ugly. I - and i'm sure the majority of people want to enjoy what I see, but the wonderful paint application and pallet was overshadowed by the ugly images. I disliked the book so much that I didn't want it in my collection and have given it away. I cannot understand why someone with such talent should want to paint such images and suggest if others purchase it that they keep it 'under wraps' especially if children in the household.Jenny Saville

Jenny Saville
Jenny Saville by Simon Schama (Hardcover - 12 Oct. 2005)