5.0 out of 5 stars Hilariously Helpful
This is an indispensible guide to British slang. Now when I listen to my fave Brit bands, the lyrics make sense. It's a delightful read--some of the words and phrases are hilarious. Teriffic book!
Published on 18 Jun. 2001 by ellen

1.0 out of 5 stars Birtish slang or London cockney?
Bought this distionary to finally understand some of my young friends conversations. Book is useless for me. Majority of words and phrases are just a London cockney, and its very disputable as my friends from London sometimes don't know those phrases too :) Book didnt help to understand my friends at all as they dont use cockney.
Published on 5 May 2010 by K. Domzalska

1.0 out of 5 stars Birtish slang or London cockney?, 5 May 2010
K. Domzalska "K." (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NTC's Super-Mini British Slang Dictionary (McGraw-Hill ESL References) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilariously Helpful, 18 Jun. 2001
ellen (Islip, New York United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars iM eNGLISH AND QUAINT, 16 Oct. 2004
By A Customer
I found this in a New York bookstore while on holiday and being English I bought it for a laugh. No wonder Americans think we're quaint this book is a right laugh. I've never heard most of the slang in this book but it made it real funny to read. I used the slang from this book at school the next day and they seemed to think I was speaking French but it's definitly worth it especiaally if your English. It's nice to see our language from another persons point of view.

NTC's Super-Mini British Slang Dictionary (McGraw-Hill ESL References)
Used & New from: £0.01