5.0 out of 5 stars the midnight tour
Published on 17 July 2007 by bigbird74

3.0 out of 5 stars Drags on
I have read loads of Richard Laymon books and I do like his writing but this book seems to drag on he describes everything over the top I think the book could have been cut by half if all the unnecessary dialogue was cut out
Published 17 months ago by monsteredd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the midnight tour, 17 July 2007
absolutely brilliant!! we didnt realise this was a trilogy and read the second book first,,however,,a must read for any true laymon fan. i am looking forward to reading the fourth book even though it does not follow on from the trilogy that had me hooked from the first page i read,,interestingly we were not confused by having read the second book, we then read the first and then third books.... certainly not a waste of money by anyones standards and if these are your first laymon reads you will be hooked,,,guaranteed!

5.0 out of 5 stars please read this book!, 17 July 2003
wow!this was my first laymon book and ive read it twice. i can honestly say that this is the most sick, enthraling, blood curdling, perverse book i have ever read and i love it! im so stupid that i didnt realise that it was a trilogy but cant wait to read "the cellar" and "the beast house". i havent got round to buying another laymon book yet but this isnt gonna be my first and last laymon book ican assure you!!!!!!!!!
READ IT OR MISS OUT ENOMOUSLY!

5.0 out of 5 stars yet another laymon that keeps me gripped, 4 Mar 2001
By A Customer
the sequel to cellar and beast house does it justice i have read almost all richard laymon books and from the moment i start i can't put them down for a minute no matter how sick and twisted they are, the man has an imagination that captivates me - it was good to conclude the follow-up to the other two books and follows well with the plot lines, as in all his books he likes to put in sexual assaults and doesn't card whether male or female. Following Sandy along her dreadful and shocking encounters are amazing anybody else would have had a breakdown or killed themselves with what she went through. Eric the beast is wonderful being naive yet vicious at the same time in need of a mate. The beast house still has the same shocks as the previous novels and makes me wish there was one out there to visit just to see the place and feel the atmosphere. A must read for horror fans, once you read a Laymon your hooked believe me!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, 15 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This was the first Laymon book I have read after being recommended as a brilliant writer. I have to say that this book kept me intrigued all the way through and I especially liked the way Laymon told the story from the perspective of each character in each chapter. This book is definately one to read and I will make sure I get more of his books now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another hit from Laymon, 28 July 2009
technojunkie (Lutterworth, England) - See all my reviews
I just finished this book and can honestly say it had me gripped from start to finish (read it in 4 days). There is an awesome twist at the end when you realise what happened to Sandy (I won't give it away for those looking to pick up a copy!). One thing I would say is that the actual 'Tour' comes rather late in the book and I think this could have been opened up a little more, but that is a minor point.

What gets me about Laymon's writing is his pace, the plot is driven forward quickly and there are so many characters but they are all distinct. The imagery is graphic at times but then the Beast House Chronicles gives its clue in the title!

I read this book without having read the first two and managed to get on fairly well. The characters from the previous novels do feature and I can imagine its fun to see where they ended up. So I would say the background information on characters does help but the book still works well as a stand alone novel.

4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Any Laymon-er!, 16 Mar 2002
By A Customer
I've got to admit that this was the first of the Beast House books I read (me being stupid - I didn't realise it was a trilogy!), but it was absolutley fantastic! I didn't find it at all hard to keep up with, even though I knew nothing about the background. I actually found it more fun to go back and read the other two after! I don't think I'd have bothered with them if I'd have read The Cellar first - I didn't find it one of his best. I'd certainly recommend The Midnight Tour to anyone who has read The Cellar and wasn't too impressed - this is one of his best ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace Part 3!!, 13 April 2014
The Owler (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
A superb third installment for the Beast House saga - the story features several characters from the first two books, along with a new cast of fresh sceptics about to get a full on 'Beasting'!! The story meanders a little in the middle after a fairly brutal beginning, but with a sudden plot 'twist' two thirds into the story (I never saw that coming - I had to read the page twice!!), the final third races along at a wicked pace and doesn't disappoint. If you like brutal horror, then this will be right up your street. Read the other two first (The Cellar and The Beast House), and get a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars ray, 30 Dec 2013
what can i say laymon is a favorite of mine I've read a few of his books and have enjoyed every one of thing would rate him as one of the best writers of our time if you like horror you can't go wrong with laymon book arrived on time in excellent condition no problems with seller at all highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 4 Dec 2013
good read but I refuse to write so much for each little object and do will cut and paste this into each section to avoid having to retype endlessly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Feb 2013
Love this series of Beast House books. Have read and re-read them so many times, had to pick a new set up!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb2f31cc0)

The Midnight Tour (Beast House Series)
The Midnight Tour (Beast House Series) by Richard Laymon (Mass Market Paperback - 3 July 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01