Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 February 2005
This was the 1st Graham Masterton book I have read and what a brilliant introduction!
This was a very gory book, and quite scary to read late at night if you are on your own.The main character is a homicide policeman called Decker, his girlfriend has been murdered and in his job he is investigating a series of very strange murders, on the surface it looks like an invisible man has been going round murdering different people. The descriptions of the murders are really quite graphic so be prepared for that, it certainly made me gasp in horror.
The murderer has a hidden agenda which unfolds towards the end of the book, the only person who seems to be able to see the murderer is the down syndrome girl who is extremeley sensitive and refers to him as the 'so-scary man'.
I found the fact that the invisible man murdering people quite bizarre and could not get my head round it even though I enjoyed it very much, as in I have read more of Graham Masterton's books but, this one still remains my favourite. I since discovered that this book is based on Santeria (similar to Voodoo but, much more powerful).
I found the intervention of The Queen of Richmond not a terribly exciting part of the book, although it is very much a part of the whole story there were parts of that I got bored with even that said I really think this was a brilliant book scary and gory which I love!!
on 11 January 2010
An invisible slasher is on the loose in a small American town, carving up its victims in the very best style of Masterton. Detectives Hicks and Decker are assigned to try to make sense of the growing body count, only to be draw into a world of unspeakable horror and dark magic. The only ally they have, appears to be that of a little girl who has Downs syndrome, she is the only one able to see the "So-Scary Man" as she calls him.

This is a good read and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of the macabre and gruesome.
on 19 October 2005
... it is true, stephen king (lets you down) clive barker(not enough output) dean koontz (getting back to his best) richard layman (predictable stories)
but Mr Masterton has never let me down and this book was a pleasure to read. Good pacing, good characters, plotting, good choice of subject matter, inventive set pieces. all in all it is one of his best. it amazes me how such a good writer only has had one of his books turned into a movie when they all cry out for adaptions.
buy this book
on 20 November 2007
Whilst this novel made very good reading,it reminded me too much of Tengu.
The same type of murders & similar situations.
As an example there is a policeman whom is cut up rather badly,I think ending with a sword sticking right through him.
It is a very long time since I read Tengu,but this book bought back the memory.
on 24 June 2006
This is another fantastic story by Graham Masterton. I have read many of his books and most of them are just simply one word - marvellous!! I really like the style that Graham Masterton writes most of his storylines which includes the supernatural within the murders. It is exciting and frightening at the same time. I am a big fan of this author and have bought many of his books thru Amazon although sadly there are still many I couldn't buy as Amazon do not stock them. However, I would recommend horror fans to buy this book. Once you have read it, I'm sure you'll be wanting to buy his other books too. Try it!
on 27 April 2011
We picked up a copy of this in a scond hand book shop and really enjoyed it. So much so that we loaned it to a friend who "mislayed" it. Alwyas the case when it is a book you want to reread! Hence the purchase.
on 16 October 2004
Masterton does it again! I am a massive GM fan, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes horror books. He has such a fantastic style of writing you can physically feel what he writes about - Devil in G is not quite up to "Doorkeepers" which is my favourite, but as usual, I couldn't put this book down. Highly recommend. :0)
on 17 April 2007
Hmm.

Not his best, compared to the likes of Mirror, Pariah, Black Angel and Charnel House.

Not his worst though either. Just somewhere in between. Keeps enough of your attention to stop you putting the book down, but I got the feeling I have met the characters before. I'd visited the situations before.

It all felt much too similar to the classics he used to write.

on 17 March 2009
This was an excellent book. Graham Masterton is a wonderful writer. The book itself was in good shape and received in a timely fashion. I will be ordering more books by this author.
on 27 June 2016
I've been a fan of Graham Masterton since the Dead Sea was only sick. Another rividing story and I just couldn't put it down