5.0 out of 5 stars The Devil in Gray
This was the 1st Graham Masterton book I have read and what a brilliant introduction!
Published on 16 Feb 2005 by Clare

3.0 out of 5 stars Deja'vu
Whilst this novel made very good reading,it reminded me too much of Tengu.
The same type of murders & similar situations.
As an example there is a policeman whom is cut up rather badly,I think ending with a sword sticking right through him.
It is a very long time since I read Tengu,but this book bought back the memory.
Published on 20 Nov 2007 by J. M. Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Devil in Gray, 16 Feb 2005
Clare "Bookaholic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a very gory book, and quite scary to read late at night if you are on your own.The main character is a homicide policeman called Decker, his girlfriend has been murdered and in his job he is investigating a series of very strange murders, on the surface it looks like an invisible man has been going round murdering different people. The descriptions of the murders are really quite graphic so be prepared for that, it certainly made me gasp in horror.
The murderer has a hidden agenda which unfolds towards the end of the book, the only person who seems to be able to see the murderer is the down syndrome girl who is extremeley sensitive and refers to him as the 'so-scary man'.
I found the fact that the invisible man murdering people quite bizarre and could not get my head round it even though I enjoyed it very much, as in I have read more of Graham Masterton's books but, this one still remains my favourite. I since discovered that this book is based on Santeria (similar to Voodoo but, much more powerful).
I found the intervention of The Queen of Richmond not a terribly exciting part of the book, although it is very much a part of the whole story there were parts of that I got bored with even that said I really think this was a brilliant book scary and gory which I love!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Stuff, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
An invisible slasher is on the loose in a small American town, carving up its victims in the very best style of Masterton. Detectives Hicks and Decker are assigned to try to make sense of the growing body count, only to be draw into a world of unspeakable horror and dark magic. The only ally they have, appears to be that of a little girl who has Downs syndrome, she is the only one able to see the "So-Scary Man" as she calls him.

This is a good read and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of the macabre and gruesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good yarn, 27 April 2011
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
We picked up a copy of this in a scond hand book shop and really enjoyed it. So much so that we loaned it to a friend who "mislayed" it. Alwyas the case when it is a book you want to reread! Hence the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Deja'vu, 20 Nov 2007
J. M. Chapman (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
Whilst this novel made very good reading,it reminded me too much of Tengu.
The same type of murders & similar situations.
It is a very long time since I read Tengu,but this book bought back the memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars a masterton piece, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
Brought this book to go on holiday with book was better than holiday,good story and lots of Gore.one of Graham better books

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterton is the best horror writer bar none..., 19 Oct 2005
P. DAVIES "Tyler Durden" (Paper Street) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
... it is true, stephen king (lets you down) clive barker(not enough output) dean koontz (getting back to his best) richard layman (predictable stories)
but Mr Masterton has never let me down and this book was a pleasure to read. Good pacing, good characters, plotting, good choice of subject matter, inventive set pieces. all in all it is one of his best. it amazes me how such a good writer only has had one of his books turned into a movie when they all cry out for adaptions.
buy this book

4.0 out of 5 stars The Devil in Gray, 17 Mar 2009
meterman "meterman" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
This was an excellent book. Graham Masterton is a wonderful writer. The book itself was in good shape and received in a timely fashion. I will be ordering more books by this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars The jury is still out!, 17 April 2007
Bagpuss (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Hmm.

Not his best, compared to the likes of Mirror, Pariah, Black Angel and Charnel House.

Not his worst though either. Just somewhere in between. Keeps enough of your attention to stop you putting the book down, but I got the feeling I have met the characters before. I'd visited the situations before.

It all felt much too similar to the classics he used to write.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 24 Jun 2006
Dan (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
This is another fantastic story by Graham Masterton. I have read many of his books and most of them are just simply one word - marvellous!! I really like the style that Graham Masterton writes most of his storylines which includes the supernatural within the murders. It is exciting and frightening at the same time. I am a big fan of this author and have bought many of his books thru Amazon although sadly there are still many I couldn't buy as Amazon do not stock them. However, I would recommend horror fans to buy this book. Once you have read it, I'm sure you'll be wanting to buy his other books too. Try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Devil in Gray, 4 April 2011
This review is from: The Devil in Gray (Mass Market Paperback)
These are my husbands comments.As I do not read this type of book.
One of Mastertons best, a very violent page turner.

The Devil in Gray
The Devil in Gray by Graham Masterton (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Oct 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01