5.0 out of 5 stars Slow starter but quickly turns to page turner
After reading the first few chapters I wasn't sure I was going to like this book and contemplated deleting it from my Kindle....I'm so glad I kept going. At first I thought this was going to be your typical historical romance but once the story moves to Virginia where Alec/Cole is sold to Cassie the story develops in to a gritty and brutal account of slavery/servitude,...
Published on 6 Jun. 2012 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars didn't read
accidental download unfortunately
so cannot review this.
sorry
not really anything I can say
apologies again
deleted it after download
Published 18 months ago by hellosaskia

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the series, can't wait for the next book in 2013, 9 Dec. 2012
I am more a crime thriller than a romance suspense reader, but absolutely adored this book. It is a lovely story, slowly unfolding, but fast enough to keep my attention. I liked it so much that I had to know what happened next, so purchased the next book in the trilogy which I have already finished, and now can't wait for the next book to be published next year. A word to the author: proofreading, proofreading, proofreading! I'm a bit of a stickler for spelling and grammar and found a few annoying mistakes that could have easily been prevented if it was proofread properly. My husband is an author, so I know how difficult it can be, but still. I am still giving it 5 stars as the story is brilliantly written.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic very good reading, 4 Dec. 2012
This was the book I've read from the auther Pamela clare
I couldn't put it down, loved everything, from the kidnapping to finding their true love and all the obstacles they have to conquor all.
It was brilliant and highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet. Release, 1 Dec. 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this read, a good story making me laugh and tear up at times. Making me want to know what happens next

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Southern Plantation Romp, 8 Nov. 2012
I found this novel to be very reminiscent of books I read years ago like Sweet Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers. The plotting is good and it romps along. I enjoyed the characters particularly the feisty, spirited heroine who overcomes all manner of hardship to win and save her man and her plantation home. I personally don't enjoy these novels as much as Regency historicals and this wouldn't be a keeper for me although it is enjoyable enough. I won't detail the plot as other reviewers have covered this well. It's a good read for a summer afternoon or on the beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 26 Oct. 2012
I don't usually review books however this book was so good I felt I should share.
Once I started reading this book I was unable to put it down. Fantastic story and the descriptives were excellent. Would recommend this read but don't expect to get anything else done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steamy for the era, 22 Oct. 2012
This book had depth and explored the different aspects of slavery and bondsmen (of which I have to admit I knew very little) plus the dreadful plight of females of the day who despite being well bred and well born were basically "owned" by their husbands as soon as they married - all wrapped around an historical love story . Quite brutal in parts and the unjustness of the whole period relating to slavery and rights strained against the telling of the story - there were times when I was so irate with the unjustness of events I had to stop reading. However, both main characters were strong and there were strong supporting characters to help tell the story. All in all a good read, with good attention to detail and all at zero cost (very pleased with this). Well worth a try - not your standard M&B bland love story as some quite gruesome descriptions of events - but all ends well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 24 Sept. 2012
Very good book enjoyed the story,I would have gladly paid to read this story I am a fan of historical romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read ., 30 Aug. 2012
This book was a free one so i wasnt expecting much , but how wrong was i. This book had me hooked from start to finish. I read a lot of romance books and this certainly hits the spot unlike others. If you want romance and intrigue and a hot male this is the book to read give it ago you might be pleasantly surprised.

4.0 out of 5 stars bit slow in places but good book, 29 July 2012
This was my first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised, the male lead is fantastic as is the feisty female cassie. The author brings the tobacco plantation to life in vivid detail however there was a bit in the middle of the book that wasnt really needed and I lost focus a little I have deducted a star for that reason.
However overall I couldn't put the book down

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Regency Romance, from a different angle., 28 May 2012
This romance is quite different from the usual regency romances, which are usually set in London and feature a rake reformed by a virginal debutante. This is a more gritty romance which tackles the issues of slavery. The relationship between Cassie and Cole/Alec develops over a period of time and there are lots of twists and turns. I was unsure about the book at the start but after several pages I was engrossed in the story and hoped for a happy ending for Cassie and Cole/Alec.

Sweet Release
Sweet Release by Pamela Clare (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Nov. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01