Makenna Lindsay had thought herself in love. Due to be wed soon, she gave in early and went to bed with the man, only to be dumped. Makenna's mother had recently passed away, leaving her alone in the world with no relatives for help. She found a deed to a small house on Carnal Cove, located on the isolated Isle of Wight. It was there she fled to lick her wounds in peace.
Makenna expected to remain secluded. She hired an older couple to do housework and maintenance. She wanted only to be alone with the beach and her music. Instead she was tempted by a widowed neighbor, Captain Nicholas Saintjohn. Against her better judgement, Makenna agreed to tudor his young son, Jonathan, in art and music. Even more, a ghost interrupted her solitude. At night she sometimes hear the sobbing of a child. Often the misty form of a young woman walking on the beach appeared. Yet no one else could see or hear the ghost. Worse, the ghost was NOT exactly friendly or harmless!
***** W-O-W! Gothic Lovers, do NOT miss this one! Author Evelyn Rogers has proven herself to be The QUEEN of Gothic Romance! This is an incredible tale that I found myself unable to put down. It has been so long since an author has written a gothic style book like the ones I fondly recall reading by Victoria Holt! I simply cannot express how wonderful this story is. Do not take a chance on missing this title, pre-order a copy if you read this before the publishing date. AWESOME! *****
Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again