4.0 out of 5 stars A MEDIEVAL TALE OF ROMANCE AND ADVENTURE
This is another sprawling tale from Connie Mason. This one is about The Lyon of Normandy and Ariana of Cragmere. After the battle of Hastings in 1066, King William's hold on England becomes ever stronger. He has despatched his Knights to claim lands in his name, marry the daughters of the fallen Saxon lords and hold the lands in the name of the king.
This is how the...
Published on 9 May 2012 by L. Sims

1.0 out of 5 stars The Lion's Bride - Just didn't do it for me!
Published 23 months ago by Red

4.0 out of 5 stars A MEDIEVAL TALE OF ROMANCE AND ADVENTURE, 9 May 2012
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Lion's Bride (Kindle Edition)
This is how the Lyon comes to claim Cragmere and marry Ariana who at the time is a mere girl. Immediately after the wedding Lyon despatches Ariana to a convent, and there she languishes for five years.
But the time comes when King William commands Lyon it is time to retrieve his wife and return to Cragmere, Lyon hopes that the nuns had curbed his wife's temper and attitude, he remembers her mouthing obscenities at him five years before.
Ariana has grown up into a beautiful woman, but she has become more outspoken in that time, and shows her contempt not just for Lyon but all Normans.
This is a great way to spend a few hours, this is a fast moving and emotional tale set against the backdrop of England after the Norman conquest. There are many interesting characters, including Ariana's ex-betrothed and Lyons Mistress who is determined to rid him of his wife and keep him for herself. As usual with this author there are plenty of love scenes. The descriptions of the time period seem quite accurate and add to the story. An enjoyable read.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Lion's Bride - Just didn't do it for me!, 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Lion's Bride (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Connie Mason book and almost certainly my last. Unfortunately, I just can't agree with the other reviewers (did I read the same book? Or, are they close to the author perhaps?). I felt that the main characters spent far too much time being angry with each other and there was little emotional warmth or tenderness. Too many elements of the plot were just not credible - lurching from one farcical event to the next and mostly based on doors being left unlocked - I lost count of how many! Even the love scenes were rough and ready/'wham-bam' style. After reading such glowing reviews, I was very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 30 Oct 1998
This review is from: The Lion's Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
I just finished The Lion's Bride. I loved it so much that I could not put it down, read it in a day. This book touched my heart in a way that most books don't. Lyon was so tortured because of his love for Ariana that it made my heart physically ache. I really enjoy Ms. Mason's books and I am looking forward to the release of her new book "Pirate".

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is beyond words, 30 Jan 1998
This review is from: The Lion's Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
I love this book beyond words this book is a 100 to me. This book inspired me to look into all of Connie Mason's romance novels.I hope she makes a triology on the other characters such as Eric and Zabrina those two would make a dynomite romance novel. Keep up the good work Connie Mason. Your now on my top ten romance of aurthor's to look for when I want to curl up for a good sassy, laugh and sometimes cry novel.(terry beck miami)

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER TERRIFIC STORY!, 8 April 1999
This review is from: The Lion's Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this story. The characters were smart and very sweet. Ms. Mason is a fantastic storyteller. She really makes you care for her characters. She writes sensually without coming across crass. Her love scenes are truly beautiful.

The Lion's Bride
The Lion's Bride by Connie Mason (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 1995)
Used & New from: 0.01