on 21 November 2002
This is an excellent way to get started with reading the Bible, and even more important it is an excellent help with _keeping on_ reading the Bible !
The New Living Translation is a very readable version: although it is not intended as a highly literal translation (such as the New Revised Standard Version) it is an accurate and trustworthy dynamic-equivalence translation.
The whole Bible, beginning from Genesis and working through to Revelation, is divided into daily sections each of which is set out in full, with a short introductory piece for each day's reading.
The particularly good feature is that every seven days there is no set Bible reading, just a short devotional piece. This gives the ordinary person (like me) a day to catch up !
I first came across the Daily Walk Bible in 1998, and I have managed to read through the entire Bible each year since - something that I hadn't managed with any other reading plan before.
I heartily recommend this to anyone who wants to get serious about reading the Bible.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again