5.0 out of 5 stars Finished
I have read all the left behind books, in fact I own them all, and I did not know this book existed until recently. Thank you, I'm longing to be there in Heaven. I thought the millennium would be sin free, but this is another aspect which I never thought about. Eunice
Published 10 months ago by Eunice Brewster

2.0 out of 5 stars Please Tell Me This is the End
The tribulation is over and the millennium is beginning. Christians who have died have returned to earth in their glorified state to help those Christians who are still alive rule the earth. The earth's population is made up entirely of adult Christians and children who haven't yet made up their mind.

There is a huge need to evangelize the children, so Chloe...
Published on 14 April 2007 by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Please Tell Me This is the End, 14 April 2007
Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

There is a huge need to evangelize the children, so Chloe and Buck, both glorified, set up a day care. They children play games and learn Bible stories. Rayford, the only surviving member of the original Tribulation Force, reunites with old friends and works to further Christ's kingdom by doing whatever is needed. 100 years in, he leads a group that sets about revitalized Egypt after it is judged for turning from God.

But in the background, there is resistance building. Calling themselves The Other Light, they set about convincing unbelievers that, if enough of them believe, Satan can win when he is freed. Is there anything our heroes can do to stop them?

Okay, I'll admit I have had a love/hate relationship with these books. Some books I've loved, some I've hated, and some I've loved and hated. This book definitely falls into the hated category.

After some boring set up, we advance to almost the 100 year mark, where we spend almost the entire time. There really is no central villain to the story, which makes the conflict very weak. As with GLORIOUS APPEARING, there are long passages that are direct quotes from the Bible but do nothing to advance the story. And this includes three times they stop their story to tell us a Bible story quoted almost completely from the Bible. The characters seem even weaker then normal, too.

And that leaves out my biggest complaint. A major plot point is that all people who haven't accepted Christ will die on their hundredth birthday. I've been asking around, and no one I've talked to has ever heard that before. Furthermore, the verse they use to justify it sure doesn't seem to say that to me.

Now all this sounds like I hated it. The last 100 pages had some great conflict that almost redeemed the book for me. If the rest of it had been that way, I would have enjoyed the book more.

GLORIOUS APPEARING felt like a great conclusion to the series. I should have stopped there.

3.0 out of 5 stars The final adventures of the Trib Force, 7 April 2007
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The sixteenth book in the "Left Behind" series covers the one thousand years after the Glorious Appearing. Jesus reigns from the holy temple in Jerusalem, David is his prince, and peace prevails throughout the world. All adults in the world are either "naturals" (believers who were alive at the time of Jesus' coming), or "glorifieds" (those who returned to earth from Heaven), and will live out the Millennium and then proceed to heaven. Children (those under the age of 100) must make the choice to be followers of Christ, or die on their 100th birthday. The members of the Tribulation Force have a children's day care ministry which serves hundreds of children and aims to bring the youth to Christ. But there are pockets of dissent, even in this paradise. A growing number of hedonistic "children" are members of The Other Light, a group that rejects Christ and longs for the return of Satan.

I found this book poorly written and disappointing. The narrative is awkward, the dialogue is stilted, the characters are stereotypes, and the plot suffered without a villain. The authors admit there is scant scriptural information about the Millennium, so their detailed description of events come across as fantasy not grounded in prophesy. The first hundred years is described in excruciating detail, and then in one sentence, 900 years passes and it's time for everyone on earth to either ascend to heaven or descend to the lake of fire with Satan. The earlier "Glorious Appearing" was a good book that wrapped up the series for me; this book was shallow, dull, and pointless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Large excerpts from the Bible!, 13 July 2008
This review is from: KINGDOM COME PB: The Final Victory (Left Behind) (Paperback)
If this final book in the series and the ones before it didn't contain such large excerpts from the Bible, they would be much thinner books. On the positive side, readers of these books who have never read the Bible are getting to read it for the first time.

3.0 out of 5 stars er, what happened?, 25 July 2014
I have the whole Left Behind series in either paperback or on my kindle. I have loved every single one of them, including the three prequels....except this one. Oh dear, a book that held so much promise was sadly disappointing.

Now, I realise and understand that all of the books are fiction based on Bible prophecy, especially the Book of Revelation. I am a born-again Christian, so the Gospel and prophecy are extremely important to me. I wasn't expecting to read huge chunks of Scripture though - it felt like it was being used to pad out a very weak storyline. I appreciate that time had to be spent focusing on characters who were children at the Glorious Appearing or when they were Raptured, but the characters who we journeyed with from the first to 12th book seem to be mentioned almost as afterthoughts, and some characters aren't mentioned at all (Chang, Ken Ritz to name but two) and what of Ray Steele's second wife Amanda?

The character who is an infiltrator is plausible to some extent, but I would have thought only to other naturals and not GB's, so I found that a bit far fetched, but the most disappointing part was the final confrontation between Jesus and Satan............it's almost as if the author couldn't be bothered. It just didn't match the very vivid descriptions of significant events from the other books.

So, if you've read all the others, you'd be a little daft not to read the final one, but you may find it lacking as I did. A great shame in all honesty

5.0 out of 5 stars Finished, 21 Jun. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Left behind., 9 May 2014
Susan Pugh - See all my reviews
This series has caused me not only to study revelation more closely. I believe over the last three years God has guided me to paint the whole book. Im 63now and guess that this is my life's work to reach those who cannot read or write.
Suepugh@email

4.0 out of 5 stars A satisfying conclusion to an inspiring series!, 22 Sept. 2013
Though the narrative does get a bit laboured at times, this (chronologically) final book in the "Left Behind" series doesn't disappoint in resolving all the story lines and letting the reader know what happens to all the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 17 Mar. 2014
This is the follow on of a twelve part series regarding the end of the world. It's a great read and I would recommend it to all, but to understand it properly read the series of 'Left Behind' books first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left Behind, 4 Mar. 2014
this is an excellent series of books dealing with what is believed to happen in the near future when God finally judges the world for what has happened.

5.0 out of 5 stars great end to the series, 10 Aug. 2009
If you enjoyed the other books in the left behind series this is a must. It finishes the story for the characters we grew to love in the other books. A good read with some very interesting ideas on how prophecy will come to be fulfilled.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

KINGDOM COME PB: The Final Victory (Left Behind)
KINGDOM COME PB: The Final Victory (Left Behind) by JENKINS & LAHAYE (Paperback - 31 Oct. 2007)