5.0 out of 5 stars Safely Home by Randy Alcorn, 8 Jun 2008
Mrs. J. Speller "dlink" (europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safely Home (Paperback)
This is a great book I borrowed from a friend. I love the 'watchers' reading the bible out over the earth. This is a agreat story about the hardship the church in china faces. I have read this book twice and have got so much out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would make a brillient film!!, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Safely Home (Paperback)
I was given this book at random by a friend and can honestly say it was the best book I have read in several years and I am an avid reader. It is well written, challanging, "real" and is really immensely topical. It worked on so many levels as a cracking good story, an insight into contempory China and contempory America, An insight to the afterlife that would challange you even if you had no faith. I kept feeling that this would make a great film. Any film makers out there with the vision or guts to do it???

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant Book - gives a peak of Heaven, 29 Nov 2009
This review is from: Safely Home (Paperback)
My wife bought this book for me randomly and I read it on holiday - I could not put it down and it made me cry and I don't do that very often. This books hints at what heaven will be like and on the basis of this book I bought Alcorn's "Heaven" (another great read). This book is well plotted, excellently written with riveting action and 3-dimensional characters and casts a view on how Christians should behave (even unto a martyr's death) that is not often heard (more's the pity) but is nevertheless true. So in summary - well written, excellent plots and characterisations yet exceedingly challenging!!! You'd be missing something if you don't read this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Safely Home (Kindle Edition)
The story is so good I thought it might be a biography of someone. It leaves one challenged and thankful that I live as a Christian in the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Educating., 10 Mar 2010
Mrs. R. Endicott (From Detroit & now in the UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safely Home (Paperback)
This is a story about 2 Harvard graduate buddies who meet up for the first time about 20 years after graduation. One's a successful, power hungry business man in America, the other is a an underground Christian in China. It takes place mostly in China with interesting bits of Chinese history mixed in. It also goes into detail about the persecuted church and how it effects the lives of these men. Though it's a story, a fantastically, interestingly told story that I didn't want to put down and I didn't want to end, there is much truth in it. It's as if the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of the people involved, but it reads like a true story. And most of it is very real, real life happenings with made up characters. It's a powerful Christian testimony. It also gives examples of answers to the most common objections to God through the details of the communications of these two friends and how relate to each other. Highly recommended, the world oughta know what's in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!, 20 Jan 2014
The most incredible book ever. Is my number one favourite book. Give an awesome account of a 'fictional' story that you know is so true to life I expect it is real. I love the glimpses of heaven throughout and the strength of the human spirit and attentiveness of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful into the persecution in china, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Safely Home (Kindle Edition)
Very insightful into the persecution in china, thoroughly enjoyed it having read most of Randy Alcorns other books. Well written

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational writing, 14 Sep 2013
Mr. Donald Miller (London England) - See all my reviews
This book gives one a vision to live for the eternal realm and an understanding of God's ways that are the inverse of mankind's!
Randy Alcorn communicates deep bible truths in a manner that could not be more engaging. I could not recommend it more highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Aug 2013
A fabulous insight into the underground Chinese church. Do not read this if you do not want to be challenged!!

5.0 out of 5 stars eyeopening, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Safely Home (Kindle Edition)
I read this book some years ago and downloaded it to her Kindle for my wife to read it too.
We both found it illuminating in terms of how Christians are still under threat in China.

Safely Home
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn (Paperback - 10 Feb 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01