5.0 out of 5 stars I have grown as a Christian reading this book

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragged in Places, But Still a Good Read
Published on 4 Oct 2003 by Imperial Topaz

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragged in Places, But Still a Good Read, 4 Oct 2003
Imperial Topaz (Marrakesh, Morocco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist: v. 3 (Left Behind) (Paperback)
This third book in the Left Behind Series dragged a bit in places, but that's OK-you can't expect every book in a long series to be equally good ! Part of the reason it draggged is that there was some summarizing of previous books added in for readers who may have picked up this book without seeing the former books. Even so, don't skip this book, because some important things happen, and you need to know those things for the following books.
For me, the most interesting thing in this book was Nicolae's ongoing relationship with Hattie, and what happens with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have grown as a Christian reading this book, 25 Nov 1997
By A Customer
This book keep me wanting to run with the people in this book. I never knew I could feel fear and excited joy at the same time! This series is one of the best stories that I have ever read. If the Antichrist is just a little like Nicholea then I sold for Christ. I am giving out my books to everyone I know. My wife who does not like to read read Nicholea before I could finish Tribulation Force. She loved the book too and pushed me to get through the book. I await the next book with impatients...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reading, 20 Jan 1998
By A Customer
About a year or two ago, my wife and mother in law and others in my family began reading the books in this series. I didn't notice them til this last August. Then I read Left Behind. I took me about a week. Immediately I was hooked. Since they'd already read Tribulation Force and were working on Nicholea, I was able to read the second book right away. This took 4 days to read. By the time I was ready to read Nicholea some one else was reading it. I had to wait about a month before they finished and got the book back. This book took 3 days. It's now hard for me to read anything else. Nothing else seems so real and alive. Now I get my first real taste of a wait, EIGHT MONTHS!!!! That's okay, take your time. It apparently works. God Bless you two for this Book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first two, but good nonetheless., 5 Nov 1997
By A Customer
I am a frequent traveller and find that I always need something to read while on the plane. I happened to pick up Left Behind and had finished it in two 3 hour plane rides. I did similarly with Tribulation Force. Nicolae, however, did not live up to the other two. I found the begining and ending to be fantastic, but the core of the book seamed stale to me-Especially after the way the first two gripped me from cover to cover. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I loved it. It's just tough to top perfection. Tim and Jerry have set a standard that is extremely tough to beat-even for them. I cannot wait for the fourth book in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Third time is definately a charm!, 20 Nov 1997
By A Customer
The best of a 3, soon to be 7 book series! You will, with out a doubt, be reading this one without being able to put it down! Things are getting a little "heated" in this sequel! The last days seem to be drawing closer to an end, I mean, how much worse can it get for Rayford, Chloe and Buck as they struggle to survive the endless onslaught of evil that seems to reign without end? Set plenty of time aside to read this one, you won't want to stop until you are finished! (Tim, if you are reading this, a good title to the last book would be "The Lamb", you agree???) Happy reading!

2.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, but too many tangents, 24 July 1998
By A Customer
LaHaye and Jenkins, once again have created a most interesting page-turner. The third in a series of novels that promise to line their pockets full of cash, the authors present a believable story of what the final days will be like. *Nicolae* is packed with horror derived from the book of Revelations consisting of terror, death and mass destruction. Those who believe in the Biblical teachings will be reassured in their faith; those who do not might think twice. Written from a Christian perspective, this book, at times becomes quite a sermon. Those who do not believe in, but are interested in the Apocolyptic error, will find themselves skipping sections to avoid religious tangents. Though the vocabulary of the authors reflects that they are well educated, much of their Christian rhetoric and anachronistic jargons is quite simple and annoying. However, as irritating as I have found much of the book, I could not seem to put it down. The same applied to the previous volumes! , *Left Behind* and *Tribulation Force.* Though the work is captivating, much fat can be cut from each volume, and the whole story can be condensed into one book. It appears as if the authors intend to draw the readers in and leave them with a dissapointing suspense at the end of each volume - guaranteeing a sure sale for their upcoming works. The writing is most creative, however, the authors should get to the point that they are attempting to make and close the story -- before the Rapture occurs, leaving readers with an unfinished message.

2.0 out of 5 stars What's with all these high reviews? People are deceived, 29 April 1998
By A Customer
OK, I've read the three books. Nicolae just plain doesn't live up. I mean, the only reason I finished it, and the only reason I'll read more, is to understand the WHOLE storyline (I'd like to find out what happens at the end of the world).

The writing was trite, the characters are one-dimensional, and it's just not as exciting. We have Rayford and Buck being disrespectful to Nicolae, yet Nicolae decides to not get rid of them, knowing they are with the enemy? I mean, if you're spying, ACT LIKE THE ENEMY! Ray and Buck wouldn't even do little courtesies like say thanks or act deferential or apologize to Nicolae, while everyone else does, and they think that no one can figure them out? puhleeeze... Nicolae even reveals his knowledge of their association to them, intentionally, without any reason to do so.

The authors also pull out too many deus-ex-machinas. It takes 20 years for an airplane to be designed and built. Earl Halliday, a mere pilot, couldn't have done it. Just because you're a pilot doesn't make you an aerodynamics expert. Not only that, Nicolae decides to kill Earl after the plane was designed? noooo, I think that if a new (experimental?) plane was designed, you'd better keep the engineer who designed it around to maintain it (since no one else would know how!). The Internet being completely anonymous from Nicolae? Doubtful. Although it may be anonymous to the average user, if someone had the power to (e.g. Nicolae), he could definitely track down where send their video feeds from (this is in relation to the Rabbi preaching over the Internet). Same thing with cellular phones being untraceable. Nothing is untraceable. Especially in a controlled world that Nicolae has. One can say that God has provided in the background, but this goes too far. Citing divine intervention doesn't lessen the effects of a deus ex machina. People may say that I'm picky, but let's drop that technological problems for now. The writing was just not good. How many times did we have to re-read the story about how people came to be saved, or how their families were gone while they were left behind? Forget that, move past it, let's get on with the story. I skipped maybe 1/4 of the text while reading this book.

I still want to know what happens in the end, but I hope that the authors improve their writing and character development. Don't be blinded because the storyline is cool - the writers fill in every detail (Rabbi saying "I think in Hebrew" when meeting Buck to emphasize the fact that he hears the witnesses in Hebrew later) and the characters are predictable, frustrating, etc. Add some excitement, please!

Although the use of the number 216 is a nice touch :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendidly written and God breathed, 13 April 1998
By A Customer
This is the best book series I have ever read. I am glad that these books plot out the plan of salvation so clearly. So few "christian" books do that to my liking. The way the author mixed in all of these mircales along with the everyday life of a regular person. These novels are very well researched and obviously God inspired. If someone that knew nothing about God would read these, they would have all they need to know to become a strong chistian. Well done, Mr. Lahaye, well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, repetitive in parts, 9 Sep 2009
This third installment in certainly the best so far. I finished it, desperate for the next one! The action is much faster and the dialogue wittier, however I also feel there is a bit too much repetition. Going over what has happened in previous books isn't really necessary because you're expected to read them in sequence anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awsome. Made me review my life, 21 Mar 1998
By A Customer
After having a really tough time earlier this year and thinking that my faith was gone, these books not only renew my faith but tought me what was laking in my life.
A friend at church lent me her copies of the book. I have since decided that I must own a copy for myself I just might give them out at gifts to my family
Having lived in the Mount Prospect area, I felt as if I was there in the church with all the other people. These books taught me that there is not a moment to lose.
Pick up a copy of all three books today. It just might change your life. I know mine is changed forever.
Until the next book comes out, I will feel as if I have a big empty space inside of me that needs to be filled. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist: v. 3 (Left Behind)
Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist: v. 3 (Left Behind) by Jerry B. Jenkins (Paperback - 30 April 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01