5.0 out of 5 stars Only book as good is Santos's other one!
Published on 8 July 2005 by V. Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Very little to do with feng shui in this book
Published on 12 Aug 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Only book as good is Santos's other one!, 8 July 2005
This review is from: Feng Shui for the Body: Balancing Body and Mind for a Healthier Life (Paperback)
As for Santos's first book, 'Luminous Essence', I'd give this ten - or even ten thousand - stars. I would recommend reading Luminous Essence first, however - although it's perhaps not totally necessary because the author fills in some of the gaps in 'Feng Shui'. His second book brings the learnings of the first and illustrates them in more depth, expanding them to include a wider view of 'spirit' and continuing the description of his own journey in life, with three engaging teachers. These books have completely changed my viewpoint on tai chi (although they are not solely, or even fundamentally, about martial arts - or about Feng Shui, as another reviewer has noted) - however whether one could find a teacher as enlightened as Santos's, teaching the art of 'body mechanics' for in depth healing, I doubt. Many of us feel that there has to be more to life, yet we don't know how to find it - or even where to look. If your view on spirituality is that your body is perhaps more than just a vehicle for your soul, that the body is not irrelevant but is in fact the gateway to a fuller and more complete life - to healing - Santos's books are for you. I don't understand why they are not more widely read and it is without any hesitation that I announce them as my favourite books on my shelves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprising, 7 Oct 2001
By A Customer
As I began reading the book, I found it was not what I had expected. It was relating the author's own personal experience and I wondered how I could possibly learn anything for myself. Yet I couldn't put it down. It was intriguing and inspiring. So many 'self-help' books are merely instruction manual styled which could be condensed into checklists. It is refreshing to come across a book where you can experience vivid examples from the author's experience. I found this book gave me the inspiration and guidance I had been looking for. 'Lead by example' as the saying goes and this author has done just that!
--Psaryce

1.0 out of 5 stars Very little to do with feng shui in this book, 12 Aug 1998
By A Customer
This book seems to be a revision of a previous work by the author on creating a stillpoint in the body. To capitalize on the popularity of feng shui to sell books, the author has re-named his method :"feng shui of the body." There is nothing to merit this title. In fact, the baqua doesn't appear until the reader is 7/8's of the way thru the book. Then the connection is minor and forced. Altho feng shui deals with the movement of energy and a connection with the body could be made, this author does not make it.. The style used: dialogue between teacher and student, only fills up space for what should have been a magazine article.

Feng Shui for the Body: Balancing Body and Mind for a Healthier Life